One man's agenda

So there have been two separate threads recently which got hijacked into debating homosexuality, even though neither of them were about that subject when they started. I just went back and looked, and guess what? The same user did the hijacking both times. In the "Naturism and the Gospel" thread, he did so in the very first comment.

Now, if a gay person had done this, it would be easy to say that it part of "the gay agenda" (whatever you think that means). But no, both times, it was a member who felt the need to bring it up in order to oppose it. Why do this in threads that had nothing to do with the issue?

Frankly it's Westboro tactics.: too chicken to picket a major Pride festival, they show up at the funeral of a soldier who wasn't even gay.

It's pretty clear that someone has an agenda here, and it isn't "the gay agenda." I for one do not approve of our group being dominated by one man's agenda.

This topic was edited
RE:One man's agenda

This raises the interesting question, how can you explain to our textile friends that nudity doesn't equal sex or sexual identity when our own discussions devolve into discussions of sex and sexual identity?

This post was edited

That is a question I have wondered about myself. A similar question is, if nude is so natural, why do we have to talk so much about it? I have been in nudist resorts and ended up in conversations about being nude. Now, to some extent, that might be attributable to shared interest -- I figure people at, say, a cosplay convention will probably at some point talk about cosplay. But then, generally they don't go on from there to tell the rest of the world how natural cosplay is.

But to continue the analogy: if a conversation at the cosplay convention is not about sex or sexual identity, would someone bring it up in that moment?

This post was edited

First up, the word "textile" is disrespectful and patronizing towards people who are not nudists. Why put them down?

sorry but that just made me laugh

you have to be kidding

This post was edited

First up, the word "textile" is disrespectful and patronizing towards people who are not nudists. Why put them down?sorry but that just made me laughyou have to be kidding

I have to agree!! what the hell does "TEXTILE" have to do with being disrespectful and patronizing??????? It's a word. I bet those who are not nudist don't even know how that word is used here except for "textile: fabric, cloth, etc...

Since you brought it up.... people are so easily "disrespected" these days. SOOOOO OVER USED!!! just like..... "AMAZING!!" Geee... what's the next word of the year?

This post was edited

Textile is a word used to create an us versus them mentality. It is meant to treat one group as lesser than the other. This is not a Christian attitude. We are all fallen creatures. No one group is superior than the other. The ground is level at the foot of the cross. We can disagree with someone without making him/her less than ourselves.

This post was edited

As is often the case, a word is heard differently by different listeners. I have read and used the term textile and never felt it was pejorative but simply a good natured way of referring to non-nudists. Maybe I'm nave but as a person who tries to be kind always I typically don't find that word offense. In some context of course it can be.

This post was edited

Textile is a word used to create an us versus them mentality. It is meant to treat one group as lesser than the other. This is not a Christian attitude. We are all fallen creatures. No one group is superior than the other. The ground is level at the foot of the cross. We can disagree with someone without making him/her less than ourselves.

sorry but I don't agree with you on this. In YOUR mind it may be that way. This idea you have about a group lesser than the other is kind of nuts. So if telling you I think you may be nuts makes you feel lesser well sorry but you brought up this ridiculous topic.

This post was edited

Why even put ya self into two group to start with. We are all humans. Same group. Are life preference is our own. If I drive a red car dose that put me in the red group ? No. I just happen to buy a red car or it a color I like. To go with or without clothes is a personal preference. Why the need to split ya self off into ur own little corner I don't understand.

This post was edited

sorry but I don't agree with you on this. In YOUR mind it may be that way. This idea you have about a group lesser than the other is kind of nuts.

Can you disagree with someone without calling them names? You made my point perfectly for me.

This post was edited

Are life preference is our own. If I drive a red car dose that put me in the red group ? No. I just happen to buy a red car or it a color I like. To go with or without clothes is a personal preference.

Ironically, this could be said about the arguments over sexual orientation which were the reason for this thread. Some people just happen to be more attracted to members of the same sex than the opposite sex. Do we need separate groups?

This post was edited