RE:Swimming

The first time that I swam nude was in the late 50's and early 60's when I was a member of the YMCA. At that time it was required that everyone swim nude, there was a YMCA & YWCA. Swimsuits were made of cotton and would clogged up the filters. Wish I could still swim nude at the Y today!

This post was edited

I also have 2 pairs, but havent worn either of them in almost 2 years.

Why not get rid of 1?

This post was edited

My sister is cutting down on her beach time due to skin cancer concerns, so we agreed to do other things together this summer.
My son doesn't want his son to go to the beach this summer because of the Covid situation.
Since I generally go to the nude beach unless I am going with one of them, I have a good shot at going nude every time I go to the beach this summer.
Unfortunately, or son also doesn't want our grandson to go to summer camp this year, so I will be wearing a swimsuit in our pool a lot more than usual.

This post was edited

my wife and I started exploring hot springs around Idaho.She would wear a suit but usually take it off. after a while she wouldn't even bring a suit. we would go to this one that had two big pools. usually in the morning and then later in the evening, she would just wear a towel up to the springs.one morning there was a couple already soaking there when we got there.we asked if we could join them ,they said ok.they had suits on. we said we don't have any suits, the guy said go right ahead. which we did, after awhile they took their suits off and we all soaked naked all morning.even walked down to the river completely naked to go skinny-dipping.

This post was edited

managed to skinny dip for a few times at my condo pool (31st floor), but can only do late in the evening (between 9- 1030pm) and they close the pool between 10 to 1030pm. The CCTV only covers the entrance and not the pool.

One time, I was swimming solo (with shorts) and 2 girls and 3 guys came to the pool area with drinks. They were talking and smoking for about 10 minutes but it was clear that they were already drunk. 1 girl decided to take a dip while the others continued chatting. She eventually started to take off her two piece and asked if I was okay with it (I said sure). We did a few laps and her friends started to dive in the pool laughing and splashing. A few minutes passed and each one started getting naked in the water. They told me that I can take off my shorts if I wanted to, so I did. We ended up just talking, laughing, and hanging out until closing. We got caught by the staff because she saw the empty beer bottles and the smell of cigarettes. The staff was also shocked to see us all swimming naked and didn't know what to do and could not explain properly (she barely spoke English). We just packed up and called it a night.

This post was edited

A summary of my swimwear.
3 1/2 years ago, I had 6 swimsuits.
1 board shorts, 2 short swim shorts, 1 3" speedo, 2 speedo solars.
Since then I bought 5 more, all tan through.
1 each tanga, mini brief, full brief, trunks, short shorts.
All but the tan through short shorts have since been tossed for being too brief, not brief enough, or too confining.
Tan through trunks are wearing out.
If they make it until our grandson goes home, I won't need to order another one until our next vacation.

This post was edited

If it comes down to having to wear one, I don't get in the water...

Then if you are vacationing at a non nude location you don't swim?

This post was edited

I only own one pair of swim wear that I haven't worn in about a year. Most of my swimming occurs at a small secluded beach 10 minutes from my house, so no need for a swimsuit. Was caught a few times over the years and people just ignored me or joined me naked.

This post was edited

My wife cannot tolerate a lot of sun or heat, so when we vacation together, we find other things to do besides hang around a hotel pool...

The only time my wife goes to the beach is when we are on vacation and we are staying close enough to walk.
She does go to the pool at a hotel or on a ship occasionally but not often.

This post was edited

In my younger days, 40's and 50's, I'd go to the beach alone at a time when most people were leaving and walk far enough away to get away with being nude. I sometime brought the dog and threw sticks in for her to retrieve but she never brought them back to me. I would enjoy the water but was never interested in just going to the beach to lay in the sun. I now go on the rare occasion that I can play in the water and sand with my grandchildren. To swim nude I have to go alone. To really enjoy my trip, I have to wear something.

This post was edited