Comparison with other militaries.

I can only speak for the life in the U.S. army. We where nude around each other, but only is cases of changing clothes or showering. Some like me still slept nude, but that was the most of it. When I was stationed in Germany I became friends with some German soldiers. I learned from them that they had way more social nudity with each other. Americans mostly will wrap a towel on go to the shower, wrap it back on coming back. Then they get dressed quickly. Germans walk naked to the shower maybe holding a towel, and walk back like that also. They take their time getting dressed, even hang nude and chat for an hour if they wanted. I could go on but you get my point. If you served in any military other then United States I am curious to know how nudity was viewed.

This topic was edited
RE:Comparison with other militaries.

I'm in British army, and we are phasing out communal showers in most places, and most rooms on camp have personal showers, but in basic training there were shared showers, and often had to have 4 getting wet, 4 soaping up, and taking turns to get rinsed off after, mostly standing naked waiting in group of 12, but we all slept in rooms together so respected privacy and everyone slept in boxers.
While out in Germany myself on an American camp, we were enforced by the Americans to make sure we don't walk to showers holding towel, and had to get changed in shower blocks which is very unusual to us

This post was edited

I served in Italian army for 10 months but I hardly saw anyone naked as all showers were personal and no one was walking naked to and back from showers

This post was edited

I also have been United State Army but have trained and done missions all over Europe and in the middle east.

One great experience was while deployed to Bosnia. I was part of a flight crew positioned forward at a Danish base because they were conducting weapons harvests. We were operating out of their hospital response rooms with the ground ambulance crews. The Danish are very open to nudism. Our crew was shocked the first morning going to the communal latrines with everyone there getting ready nude. I was in heaven and spent a lot of time in latrine showering and getting ready out of my uniform that week.

This post was edited