No Power Housework

This past Monday in the Midwestern USA, there was a huge storm called a Derecho. Basically like a hurricane and tornado combined in a HUGE area. Entire city was without power and they are still working on it. Luckily, we are able to be nude in the house and just wear sarongs outside. It's saving on laundry too since we wont have washer and dryer until the power is back on.

Anybody else had time where they were glad to be a nudist for practical reasons?

This topic was edited
RE:No Power Housework

Here in Illinois we were without power from Monday afternoon until Friday around 17:00. I've been working from home since March, but with no power and no internet I was forced to go in to the office. I'm glad that is over.

This post was edited

We are in the Chicago far north area. Back in the early 2000s we were about 5 days without power due to one of these storms so we bought a 6.5 kW generator back then. We have had to use it a few times since, but luckily for this past storm, we never even lost power.

With our generator we can keep our refrigerator and freezer powered, as well as internet and a few fans. Back when we first got it, I even had to do some laundry, luckily for us, we have gas for cooking, heat and dryer for laundry. We even have city water & sewer, so we just didnt have lights or AC, but we essentially had everything else working.

Its time around, since we didnt need to use our generator, we loaned it to a friend who wasnt quite as lucky, and they at least had temporary power after 24 hours until their power was restored a few days later.

This post was edited

Luckily we didnt get affected by that storm but the surrounding area was without power for about a week

This post was edited