Battery gun

Question I went to gunnison for the first time last night got there little after 6pm so didnt really get to enjoy it much but I seen that there is a battery gun and was wondering if you are allowed to be nude in that area or just on the beach?

This topic was edited
RE:Battery gun

No that area is Clothed Only .

This post was edited

I was there yesterday and now you cannot see the guns up close clothed or naked. The entrance to Gunnison Battery was blocked off by yellow caution tape. Apparently the structure has degraded, much like Nine Gun Battery further out on Sandy Hook, to the point where it is no longer safe for visitors. Thankfully, the beach is still open with a few more restrictions than we are used to.

This post was edited

I'm thinking of going to Gunnison next week when my vacation come up. What kind of restrictions do they now have?
T

This post was edited

Since my prime reason to visit is nude hiking, I typically put off my first visit to Gunnison until after mid-August when they open up the southern end of the beach after the Piping Plovers are done raising their brood. Although my timing was good, they changed the clothing optional area to include only 10 to 20 feet beyond the end of the guarded area on each end of the beach. It is still legal to walk north towards North Beach and south towards Fishing Beach but clothed only.

I did walk south to the Fishing Beach parking lot Port-O-Potty, noted severe loss to the dunes and managed to get in over 9 miles for the day without the sighting of even one Piping Plover. My sympathies to them for their loss of natural habitat. I'm sure that they will recover by moving further inward by next season.

I gave up smoking years ago and haven't consumed any alcohol at Gunnison since Sea Gulls Nest stopped manning their trailer but I have read elsewhere that rangers are citing for alcohol consumption and cigarette smoking, which I assume will be no problem for you.

This post was edited

Question I went to gunnison for the first time last night got there little after 6pm so didnt really get to enjoy it much but I seen that there is a battery gun and was wondering if you are allowed to be nude in that area or just on the beach?

It's not allowed, but it's certainly been done. I've got a couple of photos of myself nude by that gun. And there's a woman on Vimeo.com--an artist/naturist who uploads lots of videos on body positivity. She happens to live in New York and she has a few videos of herself nude at Gunnisson, including at that gun.

This post was edited