RE:Doctor visits

I've been asked to strip down to underwear, but never fully naked. When I was in hospital though for an operation though, that was different, I was shaved while fully naked.

This post was edited

I've been asked to strip down to underwear, but never fully naked. When I was in hospital though for an operation though, that was different, I was shaved while fully naked.

This post was edited

I recently had a whole-body skin flareup for which I saw three doctors. First, my primary care doctor, where I removed my shirt to show him what was happening; I then suggested he check my thigh/groin area and without any fuss about it, removed my pants - I never wear a second layer - for the rest of the exam; that done, he told me I could put my pants back on, and we continued our interview, which concluded with a dermatologist referral.

In the meantime, I went to a naturopathic physician, again first taking my shirt off; he asked me if I was comfortable undressing, and I said yes; he asked me if I was comfortable repositioning so he could better examine the groin area, and again of course I agreed. Without prompting, I dressed again before sitting down for the rest of our interview.

First visit to the dermatologist, I wasn't even asked to take my shirt off, which I found very strange. Without even touching me, she just sized up my forearms and face, diagnosed me, and wrote a couple of prescriptions and made a followup appointment. At the followup, I was met by a male nurse who handed me a gown and told me to change into it for an exam. For the exam, the doctor shifted the gown this way and that, carefully avoiding seeing the genitalia, and nonetheless sent me away with particular instructions for how to treat that area. I found the whole thing to be kind of bizarre. The clinic sent me a followup satisfaction survey, where I did say that I found the cursory-ness of the exam to be disconcerting. The doctor was willing to spend a good amount of time with me - at one point we ended our visit only when the nurse came in to brief her on her next patient, hint-hint. So I don't know quite what's up with the exam - whether she's shy, or expects patients to be, or just figures she's seen it all and doesn't need additional info.

This post was edited

after reading some of the posts i want to say As an American vet of the Vietnam era I go to the VAM for most of my health care and in the last decade the numbers of Non American born Doctors (I'm using the word loosely ) has increased and doubled , They are mostly Indian or Shrelancans and they are not good doctors to have if you want a dr that wants to see all of you , I think it's a waste of good time to have them sorta so called drs, Heck American born female Doctors are better than them kind any day] I also thnk to get undressed and put on a Bass Akward gown just for the doctors personal comfort and for Patient / doctor political Correctness is actual disrespectfull to the patient!

This post was edited

after reading some of the posts i want to say As an American vet of the Vietnam era I go to the VAM for most of my health care and in the last decade the numbers of Non American born Doctors (I'm using the word loosely ) has increased and doubled , They are mostly Indian or Shrelancans and they are not good doctors to have if you want a dr that wants to see all of you , I think it's a waste of good time to have them sorta so called drs, Heck American born female Doctors are better than them kind any day] I also thnk to get undressed and put on a Bass Akward gown just for the doctors personal comfort and for Patient / doctor political Correctness is actual disrespectfull to the patient!

What's disrespectful is the way that you have characterized duly licensed physicians who have taken the same course work and passed the same boards as any "American" born doctor. Not only is your ethnocentricity showing (to be as polite as humanly possible) but so is your respect for others. My doctors follow the norms in the medical community and for general check-ups and physicals go with the norm of patients being gowned. And yes, my doctors are American born.

This post was edited

in the last decade the numbers of Non American born Doctors (I'm using the word loosely ) has increased and doubled

If you're looking for somebody to blame for that, you shouldn't be looking at the VA, but at the American Medical Association, which has been trying to limit the number of doctors in order to make them a more valuable commodity. The fewer doctors there are, the more money these doctors can make. So health care providers like the VA or Kaiser or United have to go elsewhere to find medical professionals. These people still have to pass the state accreditation tests, so they have the training even though some of them lack the verbal skills or know American customs. In the past twenty years I have had doctors who were American, Irish, Ethiopian, and Iranian. They all gave me the same level of care, more or less.

This post was edited

In my career in software, I often found myself working with people from all over the world, and I was in a position to judge the quality of their work. With doctors, engineers, tech workers - highly educated, highly skilled people who would be valuable wherever they go - I feel reassured when I see an international workforce, because I know this means they are the best on the planet.

This post was edited

Where one comes from is not an issue. The rare occasions where a foreign born doctor's English is nearly impossible to understand is.

This post was edited

My primary care physician is a female CRNP. Cute with a bubbly personality, I am required to strip down to briefs only every other bi-annual visit for a prostate exam. I typically refuse the offered gown as being unnecessary. Once, drawers already dropped, for what I assume was a short term blockage in my lymph system located in the inner thigh area at left hand base of my scrotum she seemed to be a bit embarrassed as I pointed out the location of the problem. It disappeared by itself.

My dermatologist is also an attractive female. A full body exam usually requires stripping down to briefs only, though it doesn't include full examination of genitalia. When I had a minor bout with jock itch I ditched the briefs but opted for the gown. When she took the sample for a biopsy she had her female assistant hold the gown covered "this" out of the way for easier access.

Professionals do what they have to do.

This post was edited

My primary care physician is a female CRNP. Cute with a bubbly personality, I am required to strip down to briefs only every other bi-annual visit for a prostate exam. I typically refuse the offered gown as being unnecessary. Once, drawers already dropped, for what I assume was a short term blockage in my lymph system located in the inner thigh area at left hand base of my scrotum she seemed to be a bit embarrassed as I pointed out the location of the problem. It disappeared by itself.My dermatologist is also an attractive female. A full body exam usually requires stripping down to briefs only, though it doesn't include full examination of genitalia. When I had a minor bout with jock itch I ditched the briefs but opted for the gown. When she took the sample for a biopsy she had her female assistant hold the gown covered "this" out of the way for easier access.Professionals do what they have to do.
Shouldn't you have the area under your briefs checked since you are a nudist?

This post was edited