Is male Brazilian waxing worth a try?

I always shave my pubic hair. But with shaving, it grows back every couple of days. So I don't get that smooth look for very long. I want to try waxing but am just so scared of the pain. Should I face my fears and just give it a try once?

Anyone here get waxing done down there and can comment?

This topic was edited
RE:Is male Brazilian waxing worth a try?

The Pain level all depends I have found on the length of your pubes when you go for a wax. The shorter the better, I have found out.

This post was edited

For a smooth feeling waxing is the best way to go. The major factor is the experience of the clinician doing the waxing and the type wax they use. The pain is really not that bad if done correctly. I like waxing because it lasts about six weeks. And if bare is what you prefer, the more often you wax the finer the regrow than is. However, make sure your partner is good with your decision. Some women love it and some think it is not manly. Most women appreciate the absence of hair if they enjoy giving oral.
Give it a try - if you dont like it, itll grow back in 5-6 weeks. But you will feel MUCH cleaner

This post was edited

However, make sure your partner is good with your decision.

I'm currently single, so I guess I should wait until I'm with someone and get her permission first before going for it...

This post was edited

I'm currently single, so I guess I should wait until I'm with someone and get her permission first before going for it...

No! Go for it, if it's what you want. Don't wait to get someone's permission. When you do meet someone they will have to take as they find. Besides, you may decide you don't like it and grown a full bush again by then.

This post was edited

I, too, have been thinking about this for some time. For those interested, some info. on the differences between sugaring vs. wax:
https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/sugaring-vs-waxing

This post was edited

However, make sure your partner is good with your decision.I'm currently single, so I guess I should wait until I'm with someone and get her permission first before going for it...

No if you are going to try something like this then the best time to try it is when you are single. Then if you like it then you can stick with it and any new partner deals with it when they realise. They might well just accept as being part of you.
Waiting until you have a partner and then discussing it would be harder. When do you have that discussion? First date, first time you are naked together, after 3 months, 6 months?

This post was edited

I, too, have been thinking about this for some time. For those interested, some info. on the differences between sugaring vs. wax:https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/sugaring-vs-waxing

Yeah, there's a place in my area that does Brazilian sugaring for men. I was thinking of giving it a try. But then again, I don't know what is harder... dealing with the pain of getting my pubic hair pulled out from its roots or waiting two weeks for the damn hair to grow long enough. If I let my pubes grow out for a week, that's already a lot for me and I need to shave ASAP. I don't know if I am able to tolerate growing a full bush for two weeks in order to get it waxed or sugared. And besides, I heard you still have to exfoliate daily to prevent ingrown hairs. So there's still work to do.

This post was edited

I made an appointment to get my underarms sugared tonight. I'd rather my pubes be hairless moreso than my underarms, but the reason I'm doing my underarms is because it's inexpensive and such a small area. So it's good spot to try out and see if I like it and whether I can withstand the pain of sugaring. Something tells me that my pain tolerance should be ok and I'm just being overly paranoid. But we'll see. I shall find out tonight...

This post was edited

Yes it is! If you're worried pop 2 advil an hour before and it's not so bad at all.
Worried about the correct length, most places will trim you to the optimal length for the waxing.
It's been a while, but now I'm wondering if I should try to book.....

This post was edited

Yes it is! If you're worried pop 2 advil an hour before and it's not so bad at all.
Worried about the correct length, most places will trim you to the optimal length for the waxing.
It's been a while, but now I'm wondering if I should try to book.....

This post was edited