Why are single men less likely to meet meet single women.

I have been a nudist for many years and I find it disturbing that single straight men have difficulty finding single women. I don't see what the difficulty is. Would a woman please enlighten me as to why this is. Thank You

This topic was edited
RE:Why are single men less likely to meet meet single women.

I think it depends on where you go. In public areas like beaches, the men outnumber the women by a significant amount. And that leads women to think that nudism is a "sausage party" that they don't want any part of.

I think the situation might be different in landed and unlanded clubs, which are more hospitable to couples. In fact, single men are discouraged from participating in them unless they have a sponsor, from what I can tell. And some resorts have that policy, too. (There are probably threads on that already.)

But single women are welcome there, and I expect that a woman that is interested in nudism would gravitate to those places because they feel safer and more comfortable.

But I guess it's really women who should be answering this question. I would like to hear their views.

This post was edited

As you are a single man, why do you think that is?

This post was edited

I've often said that;" a single man going to a nudist club to meet women is like trying to hold up a bank from the drive through lane."

This post was edited

I've often said that;" a single man going to a nudist club to meet women is like trying to hold up a bank from the drive through lane."

I've heard it as "A single man going to a nudist club to meet women is like going to the movies to pick up a film star."

This post was edited

I have been a nudist for many years and I find it disturbing that single straight men have difficulty finding single women. I don't see what the difficulty is. Would a woman please enlighten me as to why this is. Thank You

Simply put it's part of nature. The human male's base instincts are little different than a bull, stallion, ram... Fiend off rivals and claim the females of the herd for himself. The females base instincts are for a male that is big and strong enough to protect and support (food, shelter...) her and her offspring. With human females the need for support instinct is especially strong as the child will be with them for a very long time. Maybe I just watched to many nature shows, about both animals and humans ;-) Throw in the human consonance, and things can get screwy fast ;-)

I was never a ladies man and had decided it was a bachelor life for me. When at 40, I met a friend of my sisters, As the song goes "She's not exactly pretty, Not exactly small". Not love either, but we get along well enough. I provide the roof, food, and clothing.... She provides the female companionship I desired. So a marriage of convenience for both of us, some call it legalized prostitution.

This post was edited

Thats such a sad story.

This post was edited

Thats such a sad story.Lol, I was thinking exactly the same.

Fact of life, you deal with what life gives you. When you get lemons, you make lemonade.

This post was edited

I've heard it as "A single man going to a nudist club to meet women is like going to the movies to pick up a film star."I like that one!

Thanks! I wish it was original with me.

This post was edited

So, I want to draw attention to the language. Finding women. Is it a hunt? Are they hidden? For what purpose are you wanting to find them? I'm not being a knob, when a woman (at least the ones I know) read this functional but pretty inelegant sentence it sounds like you're feeling entitled and that the woman is an object at the end of a not pleasant and hard process. You may not intend that as your meaning, but i would make some suggestions.

One, I can't find a man, and plenty of us are single (male and female), this is a feature of the world we have created, and the internet is the worst place to make actual contacts, that said, it happens. What are you offering? Being a male and heterosexual is not enough for the vast majority of women not because it's bad or good, but because it doesnt tell her anything other than what she presumably can figure out on her own. Naturist women get hit on, over and over and over. 50 times in two hours at the beach for a single friend. Online 200 messages from men in other countries who send belligerent attacks if she doesn't respond. This isn't you, or your fault, but it has a lot to do with why women aren't interested in most approaches online or in naturist spaces.

For better or worse, an impromptu intro by a single dude is read as a pick up try by almost every woman because she has had 20 or 30 already that day. Get to know a group. Get to make couple friends, and wait to be introduced to a wife, gf, or other women present. If you are not, apologize and introduce yourself. Let the ladies direct the conversation. Leave with thanks before your time is up. Getting to know the groups and the individuals and not pushing anything other than polite friendship makes a good impression and relieves worries about PUA action. Cards? Volleyball? Tennis? Movies? Interests shared and discussed. No sex, no lonliness, no i need a woman, no (and I cannot stress this enough) no discussion of former gf partners wives etc except in the nicest most succinct way possible, and never ever ever. If men are talking about attractiveness say I think they are all beautiful and smile. Don't play into that, it will get heard.

In short, make yourself a gentleman, be engaging and get to know the people in the community preferably in person. One of the things I did as an activity for nudists was speed dating. You know you're going to meet a possible mate or date, women and men can sign up and know they are going to be ok because there are rules and animators, and it is silly and fun. I would run two or three variations before doing the match up stuff (you can write down your likes by number and correlate to any matches and the animators email you both....or you can choose wild card which means you take whoever matches randomly. A smart fellow would go with one, or two friends, and as a group once you have had a few interactions invite a group of women who are friendly for a short daytime fun activity to replace the social aspect lost because the speed date is over. They will say yes or no, but if it's light and easy, women who speed date three times are doing it to meet men. Get to know each other a bit, by name, and interests. My move would be to invite Carol into gardening and her two friends to the home and garden show three months later. You invite her, but tell her you got tickets for them because you felt it would be unfair not to since you all met together, she will know what you're up to but the caring for the friends and not making her be alone is demonstrating care and foresight.

At this point, if she wants to see you again, she will. Dating is dating at any age and it takes the same amount of time it always did.

This post was edited

Thats such a sad story.

I ugly cackled.

This post was edited