Nudist still shy

I have been a nudist since I was a child but I started practicing nudism a little while ago at home. I'm still very shy and still don't have the courage to go to social nudist environments. What I want most is to go to a nudist beach, go to a nudist resort and post pictures of me here on the website and get my certificate. I would like to know from you how you overcame shyness and started living nudism completely.

This topic was edited
RE:Nudist still shy

The only obstacle you face exists only in your mind. Your imagination is whats standing in your way. It truly is as simple as just doing it. Youll discover it is much easier than you think, and then youll wish you had done it much sooner. I was once in your position. I know exactly what youre going through. Just do it, and never look back.

This post was edited

The only obstacle you face exists only in your mind. Your imagination is whats standing in your way. It truly is as simple as just doing it. Youll discover it is much easier than you think, and then youll wish you had done it much sooner. I was once in your position. I know exactly what youre going through. Just do it, and never look back.

My thoughts also.

This post was edited

It's what I did and as I watched others on the beach, I noticed that none of them were watching me.

This post was edited

Many years ago, I found myself in shorts, walking the water's edge down a very crowded nude beach. And I noticed heads turning and naked people staring as I walked past. I had never felt more out of place in my life. So I threw the shorts over my shoulder and kept walking. No more turned heads and no more stares. I became just another nude guy walking down the beach. It was as simple as that.

This post was edited

Bill is right it is in your head. For me, I simply rationalized in my head Im naked in the gym locker room with very little thought. So joining the other naked people on the beach was just dropping my swim suit. When I took a naked hike with a TN friend, though my heart was beating incredibly so, when we got into the woods and he dropped his shorts I peeled mine off too. Once yourenaked your whole view of the matter changes. Nudist are accepting.

This post was edited
RE: Nudist still shy

That is almost the exact scenario I experienced. Many years ago, I stumbled along a nude section of beach while I was walking along the shoreline. I quickly realized I was the only one wearing a bathing suit At first, I was hesitant, scared, nervous, etc until I thought to myself "When in Rome..." I then removed my suit and suddenly felt like I belonged there. I've been hooked ever since.

This post was edited

Here's a trick I've learned when I feel shy, awkward or scared of pain: I focus on something else. Instead of being under the belt shy, I imagine being elbow shy. What if everyone is staring at my elbows? Then I think of elbow liberation and how happy they are to see the sun and that no one really cares. I casually change roles with my penis that way, slip off my shorts and think they're just like my elbows.
This trick works for me at the dentist as I imagine them drilling into my big toe. If your mind plays games with you, play games with your mind.

This post was edited

Sergio, it's easiest to get over your shyness by going to a nudist resort or nude beach. That way you will be surrounded by other nude people who aren't really looking at your nudity since everyone is the same way. What would be harder is going to a c/o place where some people would still be clothed and they would be specifically looking to see nude people.

This post was edited

Consider going to a beach in ordinary clothes rather than swimwear, so that it's plainly the thing to do to undress in order to go into the water. So, undress and and get into the water immediately. You'll see other people around you and have time to get used to the idea of being naked among them, while at the same time knowing that they don't really see your naked body. When you feel ready, step out of the water back onto land - of course you must do this, sooner or later - and there, it's done.

This post was edited

I believe you need to take things one step at a time. From the time that I first engaged in nude recreation socially back in 1997 to the time that I first joined a nudist website and started posting photos of myself, it took 13 years! And even then, I would only post photos with my face blotted out. I would focus first on the in-person nude social recreation part before you even begin to ponder posting photos of yourself nude online. Hope this helps.

This post was edited