reestablishing a tradition

Years ago I used to hike naked up the farmer's lane across the road. But then he stopped mowing it and many of the trees that hid path once away from the road were cut down. Then a culvert crossing the ditch was torn out . All told the path became un-hikeable. But this year thanks to tall corn and a pass or two by heavy farm equipment the old lane along the field is now walkable. So three times now I have ventured out with nothing but my glasses and crocs on and each time ventured further along the edge of the field. Today it was the lightest yet so I could see the possibilities even better. Later today I may venture out in full sunlight. When I got back to my yard I watered the planters in front and checked out some other things all in view of the road. The stillness of the morning I could have heard any approaching vehicle. but none came along. All told about a 1/2 mile hike, great way to start September.

This topic was edited
RE:reestablishing a tradition

Have also found when outdoors, hiking or not, often can hear someone before seeing them.

This post was edited

just back from an even longer hike. this time full daylight. I did have shorts on until i got around a tree so that no one ( meaning school bus) could glance down the lane. Once around the tree i slipped them off and carried them with me. over a mile total went much further along the field around a couple of corners. next time i will stash the shorts at some point and continue on without them.

This post was edited

I recently discovered a new trail to hike on. The trail is rarely used due to a tree that blocks the path. Love hiking this because I can enjoy the peace and serenity without the fear of needing to cover up. The first time I hiked it as I rounded a curve I found I was at the edge of a major street! I didn't hear any traffic so I pushed myself a little and walked to the middle of the street. Once I heard a car coming, I returned to the path. Of course if the driver happened to look down the trail he would have seen my naked butt high tailing it down the trail.

This post was edited

If you're still concerned about your Achilles, you might want to consider getting a GPS messenger like Spot. Then if you have a problem and are out of cellphone range, you can still get help.

Thanks for suggestion. I'll look into it.

I think one part of the "tradition" should also be introducing others to the joy we experience hiking nude. Out of the blue, my friend asked if I wanted to push myself and do a 9-plus mile hike. An important stage route from the 1860s, 60% of the trail was covered in rock, making for a very trying and tiring hike. But when we were doneand boy, was I tired and sore at the endwe not only celebrated a good hike, but my friend celebrated that he had hiked the longest clothes-free hike he'd ever done...over 7 miles. He was ecstatic...the freedom, the sensations, etc. So nude hiking is now firmly his new tradition. So let's try to introduce our friends to our traditions and pass it on.

This post was edited
another good hike

Just took a couple of hikes once away from sight of the road i took off my shorts. I did carry them along with me since it was midday and this time of year the farmer starts getting active. Came back dripping with sweat after about 45 minute brisk hike.

This post was edited
RE:another good hike

A group of us regularly hiked naked on the Moors and in the Dales of North Yorkshire, UK. It was my turn to lead a hike. I picked a route in upper Nidderdale. There are several holiday cottages on the south-facing side of the dale/valley, connected by a dirt track to the road which runs up the other side. So I scouted the route beforehand to check where it might be necessary to cover up. I carried a very short mini-kilt for the purpose - much easier to put on and off than shorts though it was little more than a gesture (it being too short). I put it on at one particular holiday home where the owner was unloading his car. Fast forward to the actual hike. This time the owner was outside with his wife. This time about 6 nudists approached them, covering at the last moment. My friend chose to chat with them, saying we were naturists hiking in nature and asking if they minded. Just as I was complimenting them on the wonderful view from their cottage. He said No. I took off my minikilt. He said the view just got worse. And we went on our way.

This post was edited

We freehike often in Northern Arizona. Let me know you're interested in joining and I'll invite you to our group: Kensunwalker@yahoo.com

This post was edited