Something to Lighten Our Day---A Challenge--Does anyone know when and where this photo was taken?

Unless they have watched old movies, many of the younger generation has never seen these airplanes much less know any of their history. So here is a very rare photo. Do you know what type of airplane these are and can you identify the city and airport? How about an approximate year?

This topic was edited
RE:Something to Lighten Our Day---A Challenge--Does anyone know when and where this photo was taken?

I'm only 18 and I know that by heart, that there is a McDonnell Douglas DC3. Very iconic for its time

This post was edited
RE:Something to Lighten Our Day---A Challenge--Does anyone know when and where this photo was taken?

judging from the rocks in the background, Bonanza and Frontier planes, I would guess Phoenix, late 40's early 50's

This post was edited

What an iconic photo of my hometown airport! This is indeed Phoenix, looking south from terminal 1. This would be early around 1955 as Bonanza didnt start service to PHX until 1951 and terminal 1 didnt open until 1952.

This post was edited