Nude Spas

Hi,
I thought this would be an interesting topic to bring up. When I was in high school, one of my buddies at that time told me something. He said he went to some type of nude spa where both the men and women area were SEPARATED. However, both areas were right next to each other and what was dividing them was like a see-through fence. So obviously, both genders could easily see each other. Now at the time, I thought he was just making up stories for a couple reasons. One, I didn't believe half the unusual things he said anyway about situations that seemed to only happen to him and nobody else. Two, I was still young at the time and didn't have too much knowledge that a lot of nudist locations exist in society except beaches. Now that I'm older and have much more of a nudist experience, I'm thinking maybe he wasn't lying after all. So this is a question for preferably older nudists. Do you think something like that even existed back in the day? Or even today, which I know is probably hard to find but possible.

This topic was edited
RE:Nude Spas

I dont know about that specific scenario. But I used to go to a Korean Spa in Australia, I think it closed a number of years ago, that had totally separate spa sides for male and female but a common gym room and drinks refreshment area. The signs on the wall said that a robe had to be worn in the refreshment area but it wasnt particularly enforced. Many people wandered in there naked and most of those who did put the provided robes on werent that fussed about keeping them done up.

This post was edited

Yeah I can probably believe your story a little more. That just seems like a scenario that didn't follow proper guidelines. On the other hand, when you have an establishment not built for privacy, that makes you wonder. Also, my friend said this location was somewhere in Delaware County, PA, which is where I've lived my whole life. Idk where your from but if anyone on here lives there, you know as well as I do that nothing like that slides in Delco. Especially as late as like the 90s up until today.

This post was edited

In Europe, its not gender separated. Everyone are together.

Seems to be only a US thing to separate gender. Wonder why !!!!

Anyway, if you go to Germany, Switzerland, Finland, etc.... (more Nordic culture than Latin), you will find spa that are not gender separated.

I went to many like these. And it was fun.
Sometimes, you can have gender separate, but you always have a common area, and the common area is nude.

Hope that helps.

This post was edited

Anyone know of mixed gender spas in US and Canada or how to find them? Gay spas are easy, but not heterosexual I guess you would call them

This post was edited

Try looking for Russian Russian banyas. Segregated by gender but nude. Also Korean spas are nice. In US there are a couple of chains. Toronto has one in North York and several Russian banyas.

This post was edited

we have in Germany women sauna days, on these days only women are allowed to go into the sauna

This post was edited

I always think of nudism being. coed or at least comfortable with both sexes nude. I am developing a campground for nudists and have toyed with the idea of having the central lodge are for both men and women, but including smaller separate areas for each gender. Something like a pavilion with a small pool and sun deck down separate trails. Do you think that would be appealing?

This post was edited

I think thats a great idea!

This post was edited

on regular days males and females are mixed naked or not in german spas, only the toilets are separated and even this I think is not up to date.

This post was edited

Swimdoc wrote:

I am developing a campground for nudists and have toyed with the idea of having the central lodge are for both men and women, but including smaller separate areas for each gender. Something like a pavilion with a small pool and sun deck down separate trails. Do you think that would be appealing?

It's a good idea, but maybe a little more difficult since it requires more infrastructure. Instead, you might consider having a central pool and sun deck, but having certain hours reserved for men-only and women-only attendance. That way, people could experiment with nudity only with members of their own gender, and gradually become more comfortable with mixed-gender nudity.

This post was edited