Embarrassed?

Were you embarrassed when you first started going nude? Are you still embarrassed under certain circumstances, like if certain people see you?

This topic was edited
RE:Embarrassed?

I get where you're coming from

This post was edited

I don't get embarrassed as such by being seen naked, either by other naked people or clothed. I do worry about the reaction of other people seeing me naked and any problems that will cause me or my wife.
So I tend to be very careful when naked in our garden if I know the neighbours are around. Not because I would be embarrassed about being seen but I am pretty certain what their reaction but be. And as we get along in all other aspects I dont want to jeopardise that.
But that isnt embarrassment. Have chatted to plenty of clothed and naked people on beaches etc. Have had delivery drivers catch me naked in my back garden and just stood up and dealt with the delivery with no embarrassment.

This post was edited

No, never.

Can you explain what certain people means to you?

This post was edited

blushguy75 wrote:
Were you embarrassed when you first started going nude? Are you still embarrassed under certain circumstances, like if certain people see you?

If by "certain people" you mean people who know you in the textile world but would be surprised to see you naked, then no. When I was introduced to nudism in Germany, it was in the company of a couple of friends who took me to an event where I was the only American there. I didn't know anybody else.

All of my other experience has been with friends, except for some nude beaches and such where I was far from my home "stomping grounds" and didn't know anybody.

I haven't met anybody here in the area, so that experience may still be in store for me. I doubt if it would faze me, though.

This post was edited

Yeah, I was a little embarrassed at first. I had a guitar and spent a lot of time playing it (badly) partly to cover up my groin area and partly because it was the only thing I could do. But after an hour or so, I put the guitar down and took a swim and played some badminton with the people there, and all was cool.As for the second part of the question, if I meet somebody in a nudist envrionment that I knew but that I didn't expect to see there, I wouldn't care a bit. I'm naked, they're naked. I think a lot of people sort of suspect me as a closet nudist, anyway, because I'm wearing less than they are. If it's hot and humid, I see no sense in wearing anything more than a pair of shorts and sandals, or whatever I can get away with, in textile environments.
Same here. I keep wearing shirts to an absolute minimum in warm winter. Surprising how many men on this board wear shirts whenever they aren't nude.
Concerning people suspecting, mose than once one of my acquaintances have seen me shirtless and commented along the lines that they think I would go nude if I could.

This post was edited

Nope... can't say that I've been embarrassed. Nervous the first time in the Jr. HS locker room and shower but not embarrassed.

This post was edited

I don't know if it was embarrassment or awkwardness. I met a couple for the first time at a clothed party. The next day I was at a nude beach and saw the couple walking by the water's edge. I was tempted to pretend I didn't see them but then our eyes caught each other and I had to acknowledge them. It was awkward for for to casually discuss weather etc while completely naked.

This post was edited

I rember being at Apollo beach. It was my second time. My first was only a stop by type thing with my wife to see where it was and to briefly experience it for about 30 minutes. So I had to real thought process of it. But the second time I was spending the day and there my self. I moved to a secluded area because I didn't want to be in anyone's space. Oddly as I sat there I had a real uneasy feeling. I asked myself, what was I doing? Was I nuts. I was in my 50s. Too old for this. Shame on me. I decided to take a walk down the beach with this thought still troubling me. I came across a couple that wished me a pleasant good morning. I stopped and chatted. Told them it was kind of my first time. They said great and what do you think of the experience? I admitted to them what my thoughts were. They were lifelong nudists they explained and said that a good majority I would find were in their upper ages. Especially at resorts. They reassured me I was very normal in thinking as I was but would adjust. I found out they were 80 and 81 years old. They told me of their friends at beaches and resorts and other places they'd been nude at. They were quite comfortable with their way of life and very comforting to me and helped understand.

This post was edited

I would have to say nervous not embarrassed too ,

This post was edited

Embarrassed? No! Anxious? Yes, definitely!
In the forty years prior, I had only been nude in front of others in the men's shower. Once with another couple who were close friends in my 20's and one time skinny dipping with other guys after dark.
On a public beach, in the middle of the day, around other people was definitely a little different. It was in Seattle while on vacation a few years back.
The typical thoughts were running through my head when I arrived. Other people will see me. What will they think?
I had challenged myself for this moment and wasn't about to back out, knowing if I did I would forever regret it.
It was more about courage than embarrassment.
I countered that by accepting the fact that seeing others nude here was the expectation and I'm just going to be one more nude person on the beach, so with that I stripped down, threw all my nervousness to the wind and did what I came there to do.
The total freedom and vulnerability was exhilarating and liberating. I was hooked!

This post was edited