Any recent visit?

Has anyone gone down to the beach recently? If so has there been any issues and are the crowds still showing up?

This topic was edited
RE:Any recent visit?

All state beaches are still closed, and so is Black's.
The only section that's open is south of the gliderport trail access, but stopping, sitting and laying down is not allowed - and they enforce it

This post was edited

Update: the beach is not officially open, but the ban isn't enforced anymore. I was there yesterday and there people lounging

This post was edited

I was just there yesterday. Spur of the moment visit. Its been years since I was there and I had forgotten what a challenge it is going up and down the north cliff but it was great, just very overcast and humid. Lots of people even for a Monday.

This post was edited

Thanks to some last minute changes in my schedule, I hope to go to Black's tomorrow (Saturday 09/19/20)

Anyone else from here going?

I will report on what the conditions are currently like.
The weather forecast calls for morning clouds and fog with some clearing in the afternoon.
I hope to get there between 9:00 and 9:30 and leave around 4:00 weather permitting.

This post was edited

Was down last weekend. Great weather despite fire smoke in the air. (Real thin) water was cool yet nice. Up in sac this weekend bringing non participant back. Enjoy.

This post was edited

And several stingrays reports including one from our group. Shuffle your feet in the water.

This post was edited

Finally getting around to posting about my visit to Blacks Beach on Saturday, 09/19/20.
Got there about 9:30. Still ample parking but filling up fast.
After putting on some lotion and gathering up my stuff, started the hike down.

This time instead of wrapping a towel around me I had on a pair of light nylon shorts with the lining cut out.
Naturally as soon as my feet hit the beach, off came the shorts.

Found plenty of room on the beach and set up about half way between the trail and the volley ball nets.
Spent the day reading, swimming and walking the length of the beach.
The weather was perfect all day. It also brought out a lot of hang gliders.
Unlike past visits, I did not see any of the gliders having to land on the beach.

The stingrays are still active in the area. One poor textile fellow got stung in the same area as I had been about 15 minutes before.
The lifeguards came and treated him.
Thank you nudeyrudy_It3623 for the warning as I made sure to shuffle my feet when going into the water.

There was one very sad situation about an hour before I left.
Someone hiking out suffered a medical emergency only a short distance up the trail from the beach.
The life guards and paramedics worked on the person for about 15 minutes but it appears they did not survive.

The good part is both the drive there and home to the San Fernando Valley was less than 2 hours.
I over 30 years going here I have never been able to do that before.

This post was edited