RE:Is It Just Me? But People Look Better With A Tan.

Agreed, I think people generally look healthier with a tan. We all need a level of vitamin D for general health but a tan too especially all over looks right. I'm fair skinned so I watch the amount of time I'm out but also aim for mornings and later in the afternoon, not right in the middle of the day. And I try to build up gradually after minimal sun over winter.

This post was edited

I think a nice tan looks healthy.
I tan easily but need to be careful the first few times out in the spring.
Once I get my base tan I don't need sun screen for the rest of the season, unless I'm all day at the beach.
I usually maintain a golden brown and rarely burn.
And I definitely feel healthier with a daily dose of sunshine all over my body.

This post was edited

Yes, I love to look of a good heavy tan all over. And it's not the sun that causes skin problems, it's our terrible diets and toxic lifestyles. We were designed to live outside full time and eat fresh right off the plants. Those who think the sun causes skin issues are deceived by an illusion.

This post was edited

Absolutely you have to build up to a nice tan. Now I do my "Covid 19" tan each day. 15 minutes on a side and that seems possible at least 10 months of a year here in Rock Hill. Also believe in Vit D and take it each day along with Zinc and Magnesium. DMZ as I call it which is known to help Covid patients resist and recover better. LOVE THE POOL!

This post was edited

I just had a skin lesion removed from the top of my back, up near the neck. I think it was from years of playing sport in summer (with a shirt on) but maybe missing that spot when applying sunscreen. Anyway my wife (who is recovering from cancer, not skin cancer) said I need to change my sunning habits in our yard, which I sort of expected her to say. There are lots of comments here about vitamin D & D3 improving our immune systems, is that based in fact or is it theory? I am fair skinned so I do burn but by getting sun early in the day and later on I find I develop a reasonable tan, I feel better and I think it looks better like most here. So I'm after some scientific evidence to support my preferred lifestyle.

This post was edited

I just had a skin lesion removed from the top of my back, up near the neck. I think it was from years of playing sport in summer (with a shirt on) but maybe missing that spot when applying sunscreen.

By far most skin cancers happen on the face and neck, because those are the parts almost always exposed.

As to vitamin D, I direct you to what the National Institute of Health has to say: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminD-HealthProfessional/

This post was edited

Thanks for the link, clearly vitamin D has lots of positive benefits. Obviously there is a balance to strike with the right amount for the benefits v. skin damage. I had a skin check a couple of days ago (had never had one before) and all was good. I'll protect those risk areas and get some sun time early in the day and later in the afternoon. I agree that a tan does look healthy and there are obvious health benefits, win-win.

This post was edited

I prefer a morning tan. Less wind, less people meaning more beach to ourselves. Leaving when we've had enough.

This post was edited

Agree with all the contributors. As Olly says', it creates vitamin D which boosts the immune system' and other known benefits. That link is great to read.
Having northern European skin, I burn easily, so a tan takes time for me. With sunscreen!
But I do feel better and healthier with a tan. Do I look better? That is in the eyes of the beholder.
I do enjoy seeing others with an all over healthy tan.

This post was edited

Some people look good with a tan. Some people look good with alabaster skin. Some look good with tan lines. I don't think anyone looks good like leather.

This post was edited