Cypress Cove, Lake Como or Paradise Lakes, Which is your favorite and why?

My wife and I have been to Cypress Cove several times and love it there.
Due to the virus, we skipped our trip this year.
I've been considering Lake Como and Paradise Lakes as they both look very nice and are closer to the Gulf.
For our next trip to Florida, I hope to rent a pontoon boat for a nude boating day and Lutz is a closer drive to the coast.
I would love to hear some input from those of you who have been to the others and share your thoughts about what you preferences are about each one before I plan my next trip.
FreeLee

This topic was edited
RE:Cypress Cove, Lake Como or Paradise Lakes, Which is your favorite and why?

Member of Lake Como for about three years now. Really nice and laid back. Paradise Lakes is also nice, a little more expensive but not outrageous

This post was edited

Hello Matt here back in March the wife and I spent 4 days at Paradise Lakes after the Bare Necessities Nude Cruse. It was a great place to stay live music by the pool almost every day plenty of entertainment at night in the lounge great food and the staff at the resort were great. We are going back again soon as the covid virus clears up.

This post was edited

The food at Como isn't as good as at the Cove, but their nature trails are great. There is a lot more room to keep distant from others at Como than Paradise Lakes so I would probably go there. You could always walk over to Paradise Lakes and get a day pass, too.

We also got to see Como right before the BN nude cruise and liked it a lot. We were supposed to go back to all three for Labor Day week when our cruise was cancelled, but our governor put in a 14 day quarantine when returning from anywhere outside New England, so we cancelled. So I've still not been to PL and can only pick a favorite between Cypress Cove and Lake Como. We've been to the Cove many times but only once to Como, so I would probably go to Como again just to have more time there. But the Cove is still my favorite. It seems more upscale than most other nude resorts.

This post was edited

You could always walk over to Paradise Lakes and get a day pass, too.
Can you do that nude or do you have to go out on the Highway to get there?

This post was edited

We were told there is a path between them, right behind the motel area we stayed in. Whether it is frowned upon to just walk over I do not know. We asked if there is a fence with a gate and were told no, it is open between the two properties.

This post was edited

We love Cypress Cove, great restaurants, grounds are beautiful, residents are awesome. We haven't gone to I've been considering Lake Como and Paradise Lakes yet but it's on our list. We went to SunSport Gardens in Loxahatchee it wasn't bad, just more rustic... So far CC is the best

This post was edited

We also went to Lake Como after the Bare Necessities cruise this year. Sure helped it was quiet relaxing place to be at. Because the cruise he drank a lot, or at least I try to drink a lot. Its like Como also had a volleyball tournament the weekend we were there. Fun watching all the amazing athletes. LOL
We like Lake Como just because it was more relaxed but I have never been to Cypress Cove, or Paradise Lakes. Maybe the next time were down in Florida will see those resorts. You guys are making those places sound good

This post was edited

I used to visit CC often but as a younger black single male it was very hard for me to make friends there. I would speak to everyone that I seen because thats the way I was raised. Some would say hello and keep walking or if we were in the pool or hot tub and I spoke it would be hello and thats it. They would leave or just end the conversation at that. To me just felt very uncomfortable and not welcoming. I have been to Como many times and now have my membership there. EVERYONE there was very welcoming and made me feel comfortable. I have become a regular there. Im not saying that you would have the same experience as I did just replying to the topic. As for the food. Yes the food is better at the Cove but Como has a new food manager and shes has been working to turn it around. To sum up the cove is more your hometown feeling where everyone is friendly and speaks and I found the Cove to be the big city feeling where people turn their nose up if you dont fit their molds or arent apart of their circle.

I have never been to PL but I hear its a fun atmosphere. Their single male rates keep me from wanting to visit.

This post was edited

I have visited all three places and also spent time at Caliente. Cypress is probably our favorite. We have met several people there during our last visit in December of 2019 with whom we still stay in communication. There are some very nice and friendly people there! As a black couple, I probably don't experience some of the shunning that single men or single black men may experience. Even at my home resort, I believe that because my wife is very attractive and has pretty breasts (in my opinion), many men will flock around her and act like they just want to chat, but...... LOL Fortunately they don't cross the line and all is good.

In my opinion, CC has more to offer. We've spent about 14 days at CC, 5 days at Lake Como,, 8 days at Caliente and only a few hours at Paradise Lakes. Caliente is the most beautiful and largest by far. Its almost like a private city with plenty of homes that make you feel like you are walking in your own neighborhood. They did cater to swingers quite a bit, but no one was aggressive and made us feel uncomfortable. Everyone spoke to us and treated us with respect. After they learned we were not interested in playing, they moved on. The negative side is that some people wouldn't talk to us any more.

We only visited Paradise for only a few hours after we left a party at Lake Como that was in our opinion, dead, during the last week of the year in 2018. We met a lady at LC who told us that she always leaves there at a specific time and goes over to Paradise because the dance there is more hype. So we followed her there. It seemed lively when we arrived and we immediately went to the hot tub and began to socialize with others. The conversations were good and it suddenly dawned on me that the music had stopped. I got out and walked around to learn that the dance hall was shut down and empty.

I loved the nature trail at Lake Como and many people were friendly to us. We did see a few confederate flags, which to the average black person, does not give you a warm and fuzzy feeling based on history and experiences. They had a great buffet lunch on New Years that is very hard to top! The Butt Hut was not as lively as the dance at Caliente nor the one at my home resort of White Tail Resort.

Cypress Cove had a great New Years Eve party the first year we attended. The buffet meal was awesome and they had a great live band. They have a large area with paved roads to enjoy walking, biking, roller blading , etc. Their restaurant serves very delicious food and when the late night arrives, their bar also serves delicious food. My only complaint is that they close their hot tub and swimming pools at a specific time each day. WTR and Caliente keep their facilities open 24 hours a day. When we go on vacation, we prefer to be able to use everything whenever we desire.

This post was edited

Thank you for writing this complete review. Very helpful.

This post was edited