RE:Comfortable Naked in a textile envrironment...

Andy you know a good buddy will never let a good story go and bring it up from time to time. I think it's written in the book of Man Law. :D

This post was edited

Ahhhh those guys on my crew are relentless! I'll get hammered with that story til I die! and then, he'll probably get up at my funeral service and tell the story again!!! ;DDDDD

When I was first promoted to Captain, I was transferred to at staff position (office job). I used to drive my FD vehicle back and forth to work. In the beginning, I was driving in a jacket, pair of lightweight dolphin shorts and flip flops. I had 6 cleaned and pressed uniforms in my office. I didn't want my uniform wrinkled before I started work. I had a 2 and a half to 3 hour drive into work each day. Traffic in LA is a PITA!

I got to work and went into my office and closed the door. I closed the blind and took off my clothes and started putting on a uniform Apparently my boss saw me drive in and wanted to talk to me so he came back to my office. He looked through that gap in the blinds and saw me naked. He must of told that story a million times! We both retired and we hadn't seen each other in about 3 years and one of my past co-workers put together a breakfast meeting for all us retired guys from that area. We hadn't sat down for 5 mins and this guy tells the story again to the whole table. My saving grace was that several of the guys countered with... "we saw Andy naked at work all the time! You only saw him once!"

This post was edited

I collect my newspaper naked most days, it's delivered onto the front porch but I have to step outside to pick it up. I do usually look to see that no one is about but not always as it is pretty early. I wander around our backyard naked on warm days and we have a new house that can partly see into the yard, my approach is we were there first and you don't have to look if you don't want to.

This post was edited
RE:Comfortable Naked

There are a couple of good stories here and clearly you guys were pretty comfortable. Like many of the photo's we see I often think that the person is confident being naked, is that the same as being comfortable naked? Just a thought.

This post was edited

Interesting question.

IMHO, the difference between "comfortable" and "confident" naked is measured by how the person is around other people.

For example my wife, even in her "reluctant wife days", could be pretty comfortable with nudity at the resort. But only in specific situations; where she felt she wasn't "too visible" to others. For example she was comfortable swimming or "static" lounging/sitting nude; but she wouldn't just openly walk around other people naked.

As she became more acclimated to social nudism, her confidence gradually grew. She stopped covering up to walk around the resort. And now her confidence is at a point where she has no problem doing activities and hanging around other people naked all day. Not only is she ok with other people seeing her completely naked; she has no self-consciousness about it.
Of course that will also depend on the environment she's in; as Andy mentioned.

So I think "comfortable" is a physical state of relaxation; whereas "confident" is a state of mind, or an "attitude." The "idea" behind "confident" is that you're not going to "hide" anything and are ok with people seeing you in your fully naked state. "Comfort" and "confidence" can go hand-in-hand; but comfort will also often precede confidence.

At least that's my personal thoughts on it.

This post was edited

You make a good point. At many of the nude beaches and resorts I visit others are happy to sunbathe and swim naked but cover up when moving around. I don't but I like being seen naked

This post was edited

I've seen people at the main beach I use strip of and get some sun but stand and put on some swimwear, to walk down to the water and have a swim. Mostly these are women but I have seen a couple of guys. My guess is that they were probably new to the beach and were lacking that confidence you get over time. Also there is a bit of an unknown line where the CO section starts so maybe some were being cautious. I thought seriously about walking over and telling them that swimming nude is one of life's great joys, but I didn't, I turned and walked naked for miles the other way.

This post was edited