Kemil Beach, Indiana Dunes

Kemil Beach has been mentioned several times throughout this Naked on Lake Michigan group. I thought it might be helpful to centralize some info regarding it here on a new thread specifically for this area.

Kemil Beach, itself, is a part of the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore federal property; however, the area where most of us have found the best locations to get naked are West of the main Kemil Beach entrance which means you've left the federal land and entered Indiana State Park property.

National Park Service information is here: Kemil Beach at Indiana Dunes National Park

To be clear, nudity is not legal on this beach. However, I have seen others naked here many times, I have been nude there myself many times, and there is an online petition to designate a part of this beach as an official nude beach (Designate Kemil Beach at Indiana Dunes as an official nude beach).

Currently, it seems that most nude activity occurs back in the grass behind the beach; however, friends and I have laid out nude directly on the beach and just covered for passers-by. My wife has been openly topless in full view of beach-walkers without covering multiple times. I have heard of people being ticketed for nudity here, but I have never experienced this myself.

This topic was edited
RE:Kemil Beach, Indiana Dunes

This past weekend (Labor Day weekend), I took off a few extra days. My wife wasn't able to join me because she had some appointments with her kids, so I went to Kemil without her on Thursday and Friday. On Thursday, I started out nude back in the grass. After a while, I decided to take a walk, so I put on a small bikini and started down the beach. A ways down, I saw a couple on the beach. The woman was topless and the guy was obviously only partially covered, so I said, "Hi." We ended up spending Thursday afternoon and all of Friday together with her topless and he and I nude right down on the beach.

My wife joined us on Saturday. It was windy, so we laid our blankets down just into the grass to avoid being sandblasted on the beach. Public views were obscured to the sides by the grass, but beach-walkers in front of us could easily see us. At one point, I put on a thong and he put on a bikini just to avoid the hassle of covering and uncovering, but for most of the day he and I were nude. My topless wife was sitting upright and cross-legged, casually talking with us in full and complete view of the multiple groups of beach-walkers who passed by. No issues.

Earlier in the day, we had seen a few other naked guys farther back in the grass, so whenever we saw someone walking out of the grass, regardless of how far or near they were to us, we simply assumed that they had been naked 2 minutes ago, so we didn't cover for them.

I'm posting a picture only of myself out of respect for the privacy of the other couple.

This post was edited

If you follow the road down the shoreline, there is another small parking lot on the right about a half a mile down, but it also fills up quickly.

The small parking lot is definitely a consideration when planning a trip to Kemil. Plan to arrive early to be able to get a parking space. One benefit of the small lots is that they inherently limit the beach population. A workaround is to park at the Indiana Dunes Visitor Center and get an Uber or Lyft to drop you off at the beach. (Keep in mind that cell phone signals are also frequently very poor in the beach area.)

I tried going to Kemil Beach one Saturday and the parking lot was packed. It was full and there was a line of cars waiting for someone to pull out to park. I ended up having to go to the bigger general parking lot for the Indiana Dunes. Is there another place to park near Kemil when the lot is that packed?

This post was edited

Enjoyed the day today (Sep 15) on the beach.

This post was edited

Went out on Wednesday also, must of just missed Illinois Dan as I was leaving the lot around 230.

It was a beautiful day. Saw my TN bud Don! Found a sheer thong on the log left in the preceding 24 hrs by some other naked man! If youre on here hit me back, I will keep it safe. Yes I did put it on and took pics!

This post was edited

A few days of warm weather this week makes naked time on Kemil irresistible! Anyone else planning a fall outing on the lake?

This post was edited

A beautiful day on the first day of fall on Kemil! Met up with two of my naked friends and a third trump loving thong wearer.

This post was edited

Headed to Kemil today to enjoy near 80 degree temperatures on Lake Michigan. Anyone else planning to be naked on the Lake today?

This post was edited

A beautiful October 9th day on Kemil Beach with two of my naked friends.

This post was edited

this looks amazing! Glad you're having a fantastic fall day :)

This post was edited

Ok, so the sun came out and on today, October 22 the temperature hit high 70s on the lake and I JUST HAD TO GET OUT AND GET NAKED!

A nice afternoon! I fear I wont get this opportunity for six months. But I enjoyed the afternoon.

This post was edited