Reading recommendations

I usually read epic fantasy, science fiction, Stephen king, Grisham but cant getv into anything new lately does anyone have a recommendation?

This topic was edited
RE:Reading recommendations

You might like the books by Nathan Lowell. He writes both science fiction and fantasy, not epic, but well-written with good, relatable characters. You might start with "Quarter Share" to see if you like his work.

This post was edited

Thanks , looks interesting

This post was edited

You don't mention non-fiction but I would urge you to branch out and try some. Some of the most memorable and enjoyable books that I have read have been true stories about events that you may know nothing about or only know in passing. For example. The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown tells the Depression era tale of the Olympic rowing team from the Pacific Northwest and their striving to get to the Berlin Olympics. Everyone who I have talked to who has read it puts it near the top of their best ever books. Also any book by Erik Larson . His subjects range from hurricanes to serial killers all written very well. William Least Heat Moon's first book Blue Highways is the only book I have read 3 times as an adult. HIs true story of exploring America on the 2 lane roads ( his atlas the blue highways) restored his faith in humanity and it inspired me to do my own Blue Highways travel
I hope you branch out and check out one of these authors. i think you will enjoy.

This post was edited

Noodengr2 makes a good point. I'll second his recommendation for "The Boys in the Boat", and you can also find footage of the final race online (1936 Olympics). I'm a very eclectic reader, and usually have both fiction and non-fiction books active at the same time. I read a lot of history, science fiction/fantasy, mysteries, etc., and I find a lot of good stuff online at sites like gutenberg.org, archive.org, and librivox.org (for audiobooks).

This post was edited

Boys in the Boat is an excellent read - and as mentioned above, everything by Erik Larson is superb!

This post was edited

Thanks everone, I'll have to track down boys in the boat.

This post was edited