My nudist experience without wife

I'm a long time married guy who has always enjoyed nudity but very restricted due to the opportunities on where I can be naked. Recently while I was on a vacation I had the chance to visit a nudist resort twice. Had no problem in stripping down. So I enjoyed the freedom of hiking, walking around, and hanging out by the pool. Loved the feel of the warm wind and sun on my body, especially after exiting the pool.

I did not tell my wife about the experience because she would not understand on how liberating it is being naked. She has tolerated my nudity at home and says nothing about me being naked in the backyard. I feel there is nothing sexual about it and that I fully plan on returning to a nude resort next time I have the opportunity when I travel. But I don't like having to keep this part of my life a secret from my wife.

Anyone with similar situations? And how do you cope with this secret?

This topic was edited
RE:My nudist experience without wife

hello,
i have a similar situation to you, in fact, i think you will find many guys in the same situation.
i would really like my wife to join me at our local nude beach, but i have suggested it a couple of times and the response is always the same. when i examine my reasons for enjoying it, i have to be honest and say that i like looking at other people nude. i enjoy the beauty of the human body, both male and female. I love looking at my wife, and i would enjoy others seeing her nude as well.

This post was edited

Very similar to my situation. My wife is fine with me being nude at home unless we have company. She knows that I sometimes go to a nude beach but I often just say I am going to the beach.

This post was edited

Many, many guys sneak off to be nude with other folks without telling their significant other or anyone else. Most of them will rationalize their decision to Justify the true reason for their escapade. Sadly, most of them again will not be honest with you or themselves about the issue.

From a true psychological view, there is a lot more to the enjoyment people get be nude, especially outdoors, with others who are not their spouse or significant other. When I was working on my PhD, I did some research on the subject of why guys, particularly those married for more than 20 years, experience being nude with others more than younger, single guys.

Unfortunately, the answer is quite complex. It involves genetics, brain chemistry, socioeconomic dynamics, religious background and more. The best part, it was a great excuse to be able to hang out at nude resorts and beaches, as well as getting to meet aNd talk with bunch of other nude guys and girls. I had an awesome time writing about it.

This post was edited

I'm a long time married guy who has always enjoyed nudity but very restricted due to the opportunities on where I can be naked. Recently while I was on a vacation I had the chance to visit a nudist resort twice. Had no problem in stripping down. So I enjoyed the freedom of hiking, walking around, and hanging out by the pool. Loved the feel of the warm wind and sun on my body, especially after exiting the pool.I did not tell my wife about the experience because she would not understand on how liberating it is being naked. She has tolerated my nudity at home and says nothing about me being naked in the backyard. I feel there is nothing sexual about it and that I fully plan on returning to a nude resort next time I have the opportunity when I travel. But I don't like having to keep this part of my life a secret from my wife.
I was in a similar situation as you 4 years ago. after I visited the nude beach, I decided to tell her. Her response was "why didn't you take me?"
Not at all what I expected.
My attitude since becoming a nudist is that I'm 60 years old, If I want to experience something different in life, I've earned the right to try anything I want. My motto became "Because I Can"! No regrets, no "what if's". Bucket list stuff, before I'm too old to do it or enjoy it.
If she respects you, she'll understand! If she doesn't, then why care? Just do it anyway! But you shouldn't need to hide it from her.
Every relationship has it's own dynamics, I know, but having the freedom to be who you are is liberating. Especially once you've reached your 60s.

This post was edited

I understand completely I dont tell my wife eather I do hangout nude at home every day she doesnt know I go to nudist resorts Ive talked to her about going and of course she wont hear of it she wont have anything to do with being nude. But I sure do love it I get nude every chance I get Im not very close to a resort but at least I have nudist friends not to far and get to go over to there house and have cookouts and hangout nude with them.

This post was edited

You covered it al my friend-nicely done.
I have several married buddies that enjoy hanging nude with other dudes as the wife does not allow it at home.
Yes, many discover the nudist need after 20+ years of marriage. Not sure if it's lack of sex at home that drives this urge to hang nude with others or they just happen to be late bloomers~
welcome one and all~
Bill

This post was edited

BeEn there done that

This post was edited

I'm wondering if hiding this from your wife is a good idea. Maybe by sharing your experiences, it might peak an interest. If she is just completely dead set against it, your honesty might, at the least, create some more tolerance from her.

Just thinking out loud here....

This post was edited

I've been a nudist for about 25 years, During that time, I've begged and pleaded for my wife to join me all to no avail. She knows that I visit a beach and a nearby resort, but our situation has kind of evolved into a " don't ask, don't tell" situation. I'm still holding out hope that she'll join me one day, but in reality I know my chances of this happening are next to nil.

This post was edited

Don't beg. It's never good. Always offer, but don't expect a yes answer. This lets them know that you would like them to join you in your events to wherever to enjoy nudism. It also lets them know they are of your concern. Always the hope, but a reality expectation.

This post was edited