RE:Cal Wood Fire

Take care of yourself bud. Be safe.

This post was edited

All the best to you, stay safe and hope it all goes well.

This post was edited

Screwy winds, but the fires don't seem to be making any big runs at the moment. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. We just got back into our property near the Mullen Fire. We got everything out, including our trailer the day before it really blew up. It ended up missing us by about 1/2 mile. The containment line is painted orange from all the slurry they dropped. We had three wildlife cams set up around the cabin, so we got to see them do the structure protection work when I download the pictures yesterday. They cut a dozer line around the cabin about 100 feet out, limbed all the pines so no branches were near the ground, moved anything that might catch away from the cabin, and soaked the place in flame retardant. Then they had a crew stationed there while the main body of the fire roared pass. The containment line they constructed up the hill held, but we are glad they also did the structure protection work. I am impressed with what they did.

This post was edited

Please be safe!

This post was edited

Big Snow!!! Fire is of no danger to me any more. And for the first time in months there is no smoke in the sky here, I forgot just how Blue it could be, Had a great hike, got just a few pics from it. With no wind it was really nice!!!
Thank you everyone for all the Good wishes and Prayers!!!!

This post was edited

So Glad to hear things are looking good as far as the fire goes....stay safe

This post was edited

So glad to hear it, Mickey! Was really thinking about you last week. I guess you got dumped on at your place. Glad to hear things are looking up.

This post was edited

Thanks for the update, Mick. So glad to hear you are out of danger now!

This post was edited

Great news! Glad you are safe and had a good hike!

This post was edited