Ever accidently shave your beard ??

I have had my beard since 1969. One day about 3 years ago, I was cleaning up my sideburns and I accidently shaved too close, and down my face
( I must have been dreaming of some hot bearded guy! )
I totally freaked out and stared at what I had down for ten minutes. Knowing it was futile to cry and futile try to hide it until it grew back. It was a LOT of beard! So I shaved it off! Oh man I looked at myself and decided I had no idea who that ugly man was in the mirror! I thought , maybe I could get a gunny sack to cover my face or just hide out! I figured I would just have to face the fact and grin and bare it!
Well I am happy to say few people saw me and when they did, they had no idea who I was until I talked! ( I have a very distinctive voice , which I truely hate )
It took a while to grow to some measure of respectability !

This topic was edited
RE:Ever accidently shave your beard ??

Just wear a face mask. It will cover your accident.

I did nearly shave my head (not beard) once when I missed putting the combe on the hair trimmer.

This post was edited

My son bumped into me once when I was shaving with an electric razor and a section of my moustache was gone. I shaved the rest off and except for Movember twice, haven't had one since.

This post was edited

I have had my beard since 1969. One day about 3 years ago, I was cleaning up my sideburns and I accidently shaved too close, and down my face( I must have been dreaming of some hot bearded guy! )I totally freaked out and stared at what I had down for ten minutes. Knowing it was futile to cry and futile try to hide it until it grew back. It was a LOT of beard! So I shaved it off! Oh man I looked at myself and decided I had no idea who that ugly man was in the mirror! I thought , maybe I could get a gunny sack to cover my face or just hide out! I figured I would just have to face the fact and grin and bare it!Well I am happy to say few people saw me and when they did, they had no idea who I was until I talked! ( I have a very distinctive voice , which I truely hate )It took a while to grow to some measure of respectability !
I need to understand I can't clip my own ever. Lol

This post was edited

hi , yes I did that a few times ended up going to the barber to see if it could be fixed , but like you I ended up shaving it off and let it grow back.
one time I asked a friend to trim my beard and ended up really short . but in time it grew back even better.
Mike

This post was edited

One very groggy 3 AM I was up to catch a painfully early train. I was traveling to meet a large group of online friends in person for the first time at an all-day event, so I was trying to polish up. In my impaired state, I forgot the trimmer guard and slashed my sideburns, cleanly removing the top 5 centimeters by my right ear. This woke me up.
I'm glad I took a deep breath before I tried to 'fix' things.
I realized the gap was obvious only while facing me nose-on, and the line looked natural enough on it's own, so I left it. I met two dozen people that day and no one noticed it at all. I thought it was both lucky and funny, and pointed it out in the afternoon over beers.

This post was edited

Ahh, Bucky ... only you! (I shake my head.) I'm sure the day got brighter over beeers!

This post was edited

Only in my dreams and I woke up sweaty. I let it grow for the last 6 years and it's over half a meter now (yes more than ZZ Top). It would be a total nightmare for me to shave it off - accidentally or on purpose.

This post was edited

YesI have had a few trimming accidents and then I had some friends beg me to shave it to see what it looks like. Every time I shave it or trim it short I regret it horribly because my beard grows SUPER SLOW.I have friends who full beard will be back in a few days. My beard takes about a month to grow in.

This post was edited

I have had my beard since 1969. One day about 3 years ago, I was cleaning up my sideburns and I accidently shaved too close, and down my face( I must have been dreaming of some hot bearded guy! )I totally freaked out and stared at what I had down for ten minutes. Knowing it was futile to cry and futile try to hide it until it grew back. It was a LOT of beard! So I shaved it off! Oh man I looked at myself and decided I had no idea who that ugly man was in the mirror! I thought , maybe I could get a gunny sack to cover my face or just hide out! I figured I would just have to face the fact and grin and bare it!Well I am happy to say few people saw me and when they did, they had no idea who I was until I talked! ( I have a very distinctive voice , which I truely hate )It took a while to grow to some measure of respectability !

unfortunately yes

This post was edited