RE:Should people be taking your picture?

Rule of thumb is take no photos of anyone without permission problem is on public beaches that is hard to police. Many popular clothing optional beaches have ambassadors who work on keeping them safe in that regard.

This post was edited

To the best of my knowledge there is no legal restriction in most jurisdictions preventing you from photographing people in a public place but in my opinion it is totally impolite to take photos of other people on a nude beach.

This post was edited

I remember a couple of years ago being contacted here from someone claiming to be a Dutch couple.

When I clicked on the profile there was indeed a picture of a naked couple walking along a beach.
It was so obviously a picture taken through a long lens and the people in the picture were totally unaware that not only was their picture on the internet, but some moron was using it as a dodgy profile.

This post was edited

I agree it's rude. The paparazzi have set a legal precedent with their shots of famous people, who have little or no legal recourse. Even if the pictures of then were in their backyard with the expectation of privacy.

This post was edited

Well, the paparazzi get away with it because if there's a legal stink, they're backed by the big publications that buy their stuff and can drown the litigants in legal red ink. Most celebrities figure that it's just not worth the hassle. The people who sue you for invasion of privacy might think otherwise, unless you're independently wealthy. Really, really wealthy.

This post was edited

Well, the paparazzi get away with it because if there's a legal stink, they're backed by the big publications that buy their stuff and can drown the litigants in legal red ink. Most celebrities figure that it's just not worth the hassle. The people who sue you for invasion of privacy might think otherwise, unless you're independently wealthy. Really, really wealthy.

Possibly. But in reality many of us have our picture taken every day by store security cameras, ATM's, traffic cam's, cell phones at the beach..... all in the public view and nothing you can do about it. The sticky point is expectation of privacy in your own house or back yard, This is where the peeping Tom laws come in.

This post was edited

No, if somebody takes a picture from naked people it's voyeurism. It's easy like that.

This post was edited

Taking my picture doesn't worry me; in fact, I would be flattered that anyone would want one.

This post was edited

I tend to read blogs while laying out at the beach. Hope the angle I hold my phone (usually optimised for reading the screen in bright sunlight) isn't misinterpreted!

This post was edited

It was a respectable and safe choice you made. If you find your self wanting to take pics take short panning videos so your not focusing on any one general area or possible individuals

This post was edited