Nudism vs Fitness

As a Nudist are you more aware of your body fitness when you see it in a mirror or in the present of others. Nudist are a group of people of all ages, shapes and sizes who embrace in the lifestyle and it will always be that way. I dont have the perfect body and that has not stopped me in my naked activities.

For me fitness is not as important, but I must admit I do try to look my best by exercising for the warmer months to look my best when I hit the nude trails and beaches. I'm interested to hear from others who do the same and whether they have a particular regime they follow or whether they are just blessed with a good body.

This topic was edited
RE:Nudism vs Fitness

I've never been blessed with a good body, but the one I had at 30 was better than the one I have today. I've battled excess weight since I was eight and exercise not for the way I might look, but because it makes me feel better physically. I spend nearly an hour each day doing the exercises necessary to recover from a knee replacement. I try to get on my bicycle for at least ten miles per day or the equivalent on my stationary. It is easy to burn a thousand calories on a bike, but then when the stress builds, I turn to food as my drug of choice. I don't like what I see in the mirror, but I don't care what others may think of me based on the way I look.

This post was edited

For me fitness is important although it's not the vanity of how I look in the mirror. That could never offer the incentive to get in the car and head to a gym. Rather, it's the vitality I feel maintaining fitness. Life is terminal. We all die from it eventually. So for me it's not about lifespan but life quality. I have back problems and can deal with them either through surgery or fitness, and fitness has the most predictable results. Still I manage to put on extra pounds (the Covid 15) and like to see them as stored energy seeking an opportunity to be spent rather than carried. In my case, giving up my commitment and lifestyle feels like giving up the ghost for curmudgeonry too soon. Nudism enhances this self-awareness. Whatever others choose is for them to decide, but it's good for me.

This post was edited

But I feel less self-conscious at nudist venues than I do while in clothes that don't properly fit my size and shape.

I definitely share the sense that I look better naked than clothed - I don't wear clothes well. In clothes, I tend to disregard my body, and take less care of it. This has nothing to do with looks. I have back issues - when I go out for a walk, I will if at all practical go without a shirt, because my posture is better. The less clothing, the more whole and in tune with my body I feel.

This post was edited

Being fit isnt just about how your body looks. Body shape and size is not a clearly tied to fitness as once thought. BMI which was the gold standard for many years has been discredited as a measure of actual fitness.
Health and fitness were a part of modern naturism (which included regular group exercise and healthy eating) until American nudism dropped those parts of the practice to focus on "recreational" nudity. Recently with the growth of nude hiking, naked yoga and fitness classes some are beginning to reclaim the health and fitness component.

This post was edited

I probably fall into the category of being blessed. I have never been greatly overweight. Then there is my professional career path. In the military it was always lead by example and that included maintaining fitness levels. Now retired from the military I am still in a profession that I believe requires some amount of fitness. I am always mindful of staying fit. My nudity has aided me in staying fit. I do see myself and I know how I look when healthy. There are times when I set goals to work on my fitness even more. I have training in March where I will be competing with younger officers. Personal pride drives me. So, that brings me back to being naked in front of others. Personal pride drives how I want to see myself. I am not worried about how others see me nor am I worried about how others look. How I look while naked is all about how I see myself.

This post was edited

I use fitness workouts to increase my blood flow and oxygen intake. I have long stoped trying to return to my pre children body. Before I was married, I did use my body to try and attract women. I am no longer trying to catch so what I look like in the mirror is a reflection of my body but not how I feel.

This post was edited

As others have said, I am aware of my fitness level but not interested from an appearance standpoint. I judge my fitness by how I feel and how active I can be, thats what matters to me.

This post was edited