RE:Why so many gay guys?

Many gay men see nudity as a way of exhibiting there sexuality.

This post was edited

There is nothing wrong if there are alot of men that are gay in this site. I know many gay men that enjoy being nude as well. Just as a straight male nudist doesn't get excited in the nudist setting around people because it not about being sexual, would be the same for a gay male as well. No matter what each preference is we are all here for the same thing, the joy of being and living nude as well as experiencing the nudist lifestyle with others.

Not trying to be provocative or anything.... but why are there so many nude gay guys in TN? I'm not uncomfortable with it, it's the same at beaches. I just always wonder why. Is there a larger proportion of nudists gay than in the overall community?

This post was edited

I'm not gay, and I am not at all interested in the lifestyle, but also not opposed to socializing with guys who swing that way. Just as long as being gay does not solely define them (like being a militant gay activist), then we're fine. If someone comes off as a militant gay activist, I go the other way. Same as anyone who has some kind of political or social axe to grind. I have no time for that.

With that said, I hadn't really noticed the disproportionate number of gay men here until your post caused me to look around through new lenses. You're right. This site appears to be mostly gay men, and that also might explain some of the threads and titles that dominate the forums here.

This post was edited

I'm not sure that this site is truly mostly gay men, although I expect that most of the people who post on this particular thread are gay. As for the rest, it's interesting how many men identify themselves as "bi-curious" or "bisexual." From what I've gathered from their posts, they are often older men who always thought they were straight until they got into their fifties and sixties and found themselves re-evaluating their inclinations.

And my experience with younger men is that they're far more likely to come out as gay or bi now than young men did a generation or two ago. There are more role models around to emulate on TV, the movies, or in politics, and there's less of a stigma attached to it. I consider that a very good thing.

What I'm wondering is how many of the "gay" or "bi" posters on this site are really straight men trying on this identity for size to see what reaction they get. Like that cartoon of a dog looking at a computer monitor and saying, "On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog."

This post was edited

Why? Because they visit multiple times and never leave a message about why they are visiting. Why visit a person's profile 6, 8, 10 times and never type a word about why you're visiting a person's profile. It's just creepy. They might be refreshing their memory by reading your profile information again. I do that sometimes. I think I've actually been blocked by a couple of people for it, which is a shame because a couple of them seemed like decent folks, and there were no creepy intentions on my part. Just a crappy short term memory. Can you tell if they are looking at your media or just looking at your profile? Because if you can, that might be a good way to measure the "creep-factor" if you feel like bothering with the effort.

You may be right, for those visiting a few times but it still seems weird and creepy that you visit a person's profile 8-10 times and do so every 5-10 mins and still not either comment or at least hit the like button of your profile. NO communication still sends up a red flag for us.

All our photos are "friends or certified friends only". That doesn't mean that they still can't see them before they are approved by Photo Mods and that green screen goes up. I think the site Administrators' handling of the entire photo situation is bizarre. We'll continue to show our friends our nudist life through pictures but will not open our photos up for Public view. We've already de-friended some that were only friends for the pictures... which seems strange to us. A lot younger and more fit nudist photos on the internet! ;D

This post was edited

Is that the right question? Isn't the real question why are so little women and straight men a member of truenudists?

This post was edited

Is that the right question? Isn't the real question why are so little women and straight men a member of truenudists?
Indeed. And that one's easy - A sizeable fraction of the straight men harass the women right off the site, and then find little to do here but interact with fake profiles and browse for pics. Gays treat each other better than that, so the site works better for us. (Yes, guys might get creepy contact from gay men - but it's a tiny fraction of the creepers the women get from straights. )

This post was edited

Quit judging and accept peoplefor who they are....

This post was edited

well said!
people are people. if not gay vs. straight, black vs. white, north vs. side of the tracks, we can also judge by people's dominant handedness. but where does it get us?

This post was edited

Many here have brought up some good points but I have to agree, stop judging individuals without having known them. I have many friends from all backgrounds and orientations. To use a 'one size fits all' or to be putting individuals in a 'box' for stating the way are, in many cases eliminate possible good individuals that could be a welcome friend. Yes be cautions but not close minded. For the record, I have more closer males friends that are gay then straight, it's the way it is, I don't question it. However I've had more 'issues' with straight men than those that say they are incline to 'like' men, why I don't care to know. I just politely start a conversation to find out more so to educate myself,. It's never to late to learn and understand, it help you understand the world so that you can make more inform decisions and be a wiser individual.

This post was edited