RE:TrueNudist is dying little by little and they do nothing to save her

I'm more than a little frustrated by all the fake accounts. I'm nothing special, just a fat old nudist who wants to meet other nudists. I'm interested in meeting women, men, couples, gay, straight, or any other type of nudists. The most common type of fake I meet has been on here for a day or so, immediately wants to connect on Hangouts or some other app, and sprinkles in "Dear" in every exchange. No, I don't believe there are women half my age or less that see me as a soulmate.
I wish the True Nudist Team would manage to weed out at least some of the spam accounts, maybe use reverse image searches as a policy to find the fakes before we waste time talking to the imposters. Possibly one solution is to make profile photos searchable by members to do our own reverse image searches to faster spot fakes.
I have a lifetime account, am certified, and really want to meet other nudists in person.

This post was edited

Ive said this before, TN has a great deal of good information on naturism, it also has many genuine naturists.

But, it has to be recognise that TN does allow fake and sex led profiles so they must be attracting people who want that kind of content too.

Perhaps the seedier side of TN is the actual backbone of the site now and the genuine naturists are pushed to the fringes.

The more fakes the less there will be genuine naturists and the new people joining will get an even more distorted view.

This post was edited

I have had more friend requests and PMs from fakes in the past few months than I have in the past few years.
Is it because the fakes are finding our there is money to be made here by luring people to their alternate sites?
Are the owners just willing to take their money instead of monitoring better?
Are they just not concerned about the future of TN and its committed base?
Or do they just figure we can filter for ourselves while they take in more money?
I'm not sure which, but it seems that the content here isn't as enjoyable as it has been in the past and that is concerning.
I'm a lifetime member so I guess I'll stick around but I'm not as active as I was in the past because of the shifting content.
I hope they figure it out before it shrivels up and dies.

This post was edited

We look at how TN is meeting/not meeting our needs or living up to the principles we ascribe to it. Remember, however, it's a business, and in this particular case a business built on a software platform that's likely older than my high school aged sons and run by a firm with an F rating in Better Business Bureau. Set your expectations accordingly. Also keep in mind that it's in its cash cow phase of its product life cycle, or the mature stage where it generates a steady cash flow. However, its growth rate has slowed down and investment is reduced to just holding its own. By their nature cash cows are one step from becoming hamburger. Don't expect consistent moderators or a smart phone app any time soon.

This post was edited

In response to the fake spam accounts. As a paying member I would like to think some of my hard earned dollars are going towards flagging these internet domains these accounts always want you to go to. I know the technology is out there for that. We have moderators. While they're checking pictures they should be checking profiles for these domain addresses. Its not rocket science. When you see the same stock photos showing up all the time this should be a red flag to the moderators.

This post was edited

This is my second time around on this site. Was a member for a few years dropped off for a few months and rejoined several months ago. The spam account problem is significantly worse now than even when I rejoined, let alone a couple of years ago.
I am getting 4-6 likes from obvious spam accounts every day. OK it isnt a huge thing to just flag and block them but it does get irritating after a while. It doesnt need anything as complex as reverse image search to spot them, just spot the weblink in the words. Or the fact that someone has only been on the site for 7 hours and has found me on the other side of the Atlantic while I havent even been logged on, and dont even have a profile picture of myself displayed.
I do think it is time TT upped their game on this.

This post was edited

Spam accounts increased dramatically this summer. Nearly every time I log in I have to first Flag and Block.

This is my second time around on this site. Was a member for a few years dropped off for a few months and rejoined several months ago. The spam account problem is significantly worse now than even when I rejoined, let alone a couple of years ago.I am getting 4-6 likes from obvious spam accounts every day. OK it isnt a huge thing to just flag and block them but it does get irritating after a while. It doesnt need anything as complex as reverse image search to spot them, just spot the weblink in the words. Or the fact that someone has only been on the site for 7 hours and has found me on the other side of the Atlantic while I havent even been logged on, and dont even have a profile picture of myself displayed.I do think it is time TT upped their game on this.

This post was edited

Sounds like the Yahoo groups I joined years ago. They all died a slow death.

This post was edited

Yes, there are hypocritical people on here. Yes there are fakes on here. Yes there are judge mental people on here. You know what, I encounter all those same types of people in my own city where I live, and some of them even in the office where I work.

Hell, just today I got 5 different emails telling me that my non0existent PayPal account was logged into by an IP address in China, 3 more telling me that my FedEx package had an issue and I needed to login to their site to fix it, and even an email from DHL telling me that the package I never sent needed some information updated. All 9 of those emails were sending me to similar pages on one of the many sites that was very popular a few years ago for offering free web hosting. While that was an exceptional day, it still far outpaces the number of fakes on this site trying to steal my identity or money. I generally only get a few fakes a week, and as others have said, its not too hard to figure out which ones are fake. When I see one of them (even if they didnt send me a friend request), I just flag them and ignore them.

I do have to admit that when I get a message or a friend request from someone, I do tend to go look at their profile and pictures to see if they are one of the obvious fakes or not. You may just be encountering people like me who are trying to make sure you are not fake when you see them checking out your profile and photos. Who knows? I will say that when I saw a pattern to the fake accounts I was encountering, I reported that to the site admins and a few days later that pattern stopped and a new pattern was starting. Catching the fakes is like an anti-virus program. It looks for a pattern and then blocks it, so it is always re-active and chasing after the patterns so they can be blocked, but they have to find the new pattern before it can be blocked, so they are always behind the fakes instead of finding ways to prevent them in the first place.

This post was edited

I do not like the people who are not certified. It would be also good if TN would do the certification with the passport.

This post was edited