RE:did boot camp help you become a nudist??

I exited the Air Force in 2008, it was so political then that ncos writing your review would make it shitty if you didnt kiss their butt. It definitely isnt our grandfathers military anymore!

This post was edited

Im pretty comfortable in my skin, so boot camp didnt convert me. I do remember reaching for my towel once after my shower and it was gone. I just drip dried as I shaved, then casually strolled down the barracks p-way back to my bunk room. My bunk mates were laughing, but soon stopped as I flopped onto my rack nude giving them an eyeful.

This post was edited

I went through Army Basic in 2011 and was in somewhat new barracks. Our showers weren't completely open; they had walls between them but were open on the back, so it's not like there was privacy.

It was typical to wear shorts to the shower and have them ready to put on after. I just wore a towel once, and of course those were the nights the DS decided to come in and smoke us all like crazy. I was there in just a towel and dripping in sweat pretty quickly. Out of respect for the others guys who might not be so comfortable with that, I decided to start doing the shorts thing after that, although I'm fairly sure no one would have cared.

I was just looking into naturism before that. I wasn't particularly embarrassed, nor did it push me to get into it more. It just was what it was, which, IMO, is how it should be.

This post was edited

I still did it either way when I was on the ship from 16-18, slept nude, walked to the shower and back nude with the towel over my shoulder. No one cared. Maybe I was just lucky it didnt offend anyone lol

This post was edited

I still did it either way when I was on the ship from 16-18, slept nude, walked to the shower and back nude with the towel over my shoulder. No one cared. Maybe I was just lucky it didnt offend anyone lol

This post was edited

Nope! I was nudist prior to the navy.
The buddy system overseas definitely hampered my nudist romps to nude beaches.
I always knew where they were at every port and could usually get a buddy to go with me but they just went to ogle the girls, which wasn't a bad way to spend the day only that,s not what nudism is about and it kind of was a double hamper to the day.
The best and my favorite challenge was finding ways to sunbathe nude aboard ship. I was able to do it sometimes but all the best places were restricted due to being aloft and high RF presence. Not too healthy.
Most of the crew knew I had a propensity for nudity so that helped a bit, I even ran into a shipmate at another command later who remembered me as the nudist. I think most always wished they could do it.
When I got to a ship with females on the crew ... well that brought about a whole new set of challenges that I wanted absolutely nothing to do with, so I kept my clothes on.

This post was edited

i too was on a sub ssn 584 seadragon based in pearl harbor was on her for 3 years. and yes absoutly no privacy

This post was edited

I went to boot camp in 1981. You got used to casual nudity very quickly( you had no choice) the community showered didnt bother me, had that in High School. It was strange then they had several toilets lined up without privacy walls. That was bizarre, but when you have to go you go. Since I joined the Navy they wanted to make sure you could swim: I recall everyone had to strip down, hold their Navy issued swim suit in their mouth while being inspected for open wound or rashes before going into the pool. I didnt understand what the purpose of the swimming trunks were at that point. Yes, if you were modest before, most got over that quickly enough.

This post was edited