Have You Ever: Flown in a Hot Air Balloon?

Yes or No? If no, would you do so if given the opportunity?

:-))

This topic was edited
RE:Have You Ever: Flown in a Hot Air Balloon?

Yes or No? If no, would you do so if given the opportunity?:-))

We have not. We live in a very popular area for Hot Air Balloon rides and events. We have a Wine and Hot Air Balloon Festival each year. It rivals some of those huge balloon festivals throughout our country. Each weekend, we can sit on the front porch and watch them floating by. I'd very much like to take a Hot Air Balloon ride in the morning with Mimosas and croissants... and coffee, but... Di is deathly afraid of doing it so, we probably won't do this either! ;D

This post was edited

Not yet! But definitely would do so if given the opportunity.

This post was edited

Neither of us so far, but it is something we both would love to experience at least once in our lifetime.

This post was edited

Had one hit my roof then it did a slow motion crash landing in the woods behind my house. Turns out they were part of a balloon festival that had blown off course. When I ran out of the house, there was no breeze at all and there were dozens of balloons just hanging in the air above my neighborhood. Couldn't believe my eyes. It was beautiful! So I ran into the woods and found two guys sorting out their situation (no casualties). Eventually their chase crew showed up and I helped drag their stuff out of the woods through my yard and out front to their truck. That's been my only encounter with the sport of hot air ballooning. I'd love to try it if the opportunity ever comes up.

This post was edited

Yes, once, on a beautiful clear morning. Truly a bird's eye view. Very serene. Celebratory champagne all around at the end. I suspect we will do it again one day, possibly with our now-adult offspring.

This post was edited

@GSNPhil - Wow! Quite an experience for you---and the baloonists~

This post was edited

@GSNPhil - Wow! Quite an experience for you---and the baloonists~
It was memorable for sure. This happened years ago and I remember it in detail like it was yesterday.

This post was edited