Nude beaches in the UK -

Hey,

I am based in London and want to explore some nude beaches and maybe do some wild camping too. Do you know where this combination is possible - doesn't have to be camping on a beach. Would be great if it wasn#t too far away from London so that this could be a weekend trip :)

Thanks everyone!

This topic was edited
RE:Nude beaches in the UK -

Feel free to visit me. I live around 30 minutes away from Morfa Dyffryn beach

Lockdown is still in place until 13/07

This post was edited

I hope to visit you Aberlad

This post was edited

Yes please do visit. Looking forward to meeting up and hanging out with you!

This post was edited

Don't get too optimistic. Wild camping is generally illegal in England, unless it's in private land with the landowners permission. See:

"Wild camping, illegal in England and Wales except for parts of Dartmoor, but broadly legal in Scotland..."
https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/blog/2018/08/wild-camping/

Wild Camping in England and Wales
The wild camping UK laws somewhat vary, as it is generally illegal in England and Wales. However, in saying this, it is possible with permission from the landowner. Many landowners will be open to this idea as long as you respect the land and behave yourself.
https://www.trespass.com/advice/wild-camping-legal/

Then you've got to combine that with a nudist beach. Plus Covid-19 rules when they come out may only allow camping if you have your own toilet/shower facilities (it depends how they are phrased). So there are going to be lots of obstacles.

There's Rosebay Naturist Campsite near Peterborough (nearest naturist beach Holkham in Norfolk), there used to be a summer camp near Studland. Neither wild camping though, and who knows what will open this year.

This post was edited

Hutleys Caravan Park, St Osyth's, Essex, (just south of Clacton) has an official naturist beach and hire out caravans and chalets. But no camping, naturist or otherwise (I've occasionally seen tents on the beach, but the local council would love that excuse to shut the naturist beach completely. Please don't do it, even if someone tells you they have, it's my local)!

There used to be campsites near Shellness naturist beach on the Isle of Sheppey (Leysdown, Kent), but not naturist and not wild camping.

The majority of naturist beaches are on the south coast, so finding a local landowner may be your best bet. It also depends on what transport you have (car pretty much essential), and where in London you are. When I was in East London the south coast was a nightmare to get to in good weather, but Shellness and St Osyth's were easy for a day trip.

This post was edited

But further away but Arthurs Beach in Falmouth, on one of my early morning visits I saw some naked wild campers, place totally to themselves (until I walked past but they were oblivious)

This post was edited