Sailing and Sunbathing

Been a great month here in Naples sailing everyday the weather permits. I have not seen one other sailboat out on the water. There is nothing more peaceful then feeling the sea breeze all over and the warmth of the sun with out a sound except for waves and flutter of the sails. Very lucky.

This topic was edited
RE:Sailing and Sunbathing

Just wondering.......I see sailboats when off shore fishing but they are always under power. Some under power with the sail up. Its obvious the wind is not pushing them. Do people still consider that sailing? Just curious.

This post was edited

Under power is not sailing. They are just trying to get somewhere. When I sail I go where the wind takes me. But always considering the wind direction so I dont have to resort to using power to get home.
I dont find it relaxing to use the engine.

Hows the fishing?

This post was edited

Sailbaots will often keep a sail up to Reduce the rolling motion and get an extra knot from the apparent wind generated from the forward movement .

This post was edited

Thanks

This post was edited

Since arriving about ten days ago have yet to get out off shore. The only two fishable days was last sat and sun and already had other plans that could not be changed. Keep getting everything around the house down and then ready to fish at a moments notice.

This post was edited