Is there a technical help forum?

Basically I've got a couple of issues to resolve but don't know where to post them. Are these questions meant to go in a particular forum, or reported directly to site admin?
If site admin then how do I get hold of them?

If anyone else has come across the below issues I'd be really grateful to know if you were able to fix them.

Firstly, I can see thumbnails for pictures but if I click on them I get that swirly dots to show the picture is loading, but then after a few seconds get a message saying this media took too long to load.

The second is I've been certified. If you look at my profile the yellow sunshine icon is there and I can see also confirmation on the certification section where you apply. But the icon is missing if I look at the admin section of my account. So I've just tried accessing a forum for certified users and it won't let me in saying I'm not certified?!

Any serious answers will be very gratefully received, thank you.

This topic was edited
RE:Is there a technical help forum?

Ive heard others with this issue were told to sign out and back in again.

Hope this helps.

This post was edited

Ahh so there have been others with the issue then? At least that means I'm not the only one who's experienced this.

I did actually think of the logging out and logging back in, just because that's often the answer. Sadly that hasn't worked.

This post was edited

If site admin then how do I get hold of them?

There are and you can send them a message in through contact us option at the bottom of the page, but they are not good at replying.

This post was edited

And by golly I've submitted an untruth!! It looks like the issue with the certification icon not showing is now fixed. I'll have a look and see if I'm allowed in certified users forums as well.

But the pictures not loading issue is still definitely there sadly.

This post was edited

I'm having the same issue with the certification. I have the badge, but some parts of the site say i'm not certified. I've tried logging in and out. But i just got it 2 days ago, so maybe there's a delay?

This post was edited

Yes, I noticed that too when I was certified, there's a certain delay..but in the end it all worked, and I could use the certified members only section.

This post was edited

And by golly I've submitted an untruth!! It looks like the issue with the certification icon not showing is now fixed. I'll have a look and see if I'm allowed in certified users forums as well.But the pictures not loading issue is still definitely there sadly.

It may be due to the site being worked on today. There have been reports of the chat room going down, coming back up in the new beta (java-less) version then going back down. The chat room is currently operating on the old Java version. it may also just be a congestion issue somewhere along the IP path. Take a break, try again later.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Hi John, many thanks for your answer.

My issues with the pictures not loading has been ever since I joined rather than just today. Basically every day I've logged in and an unable to see pictures larger than the thumbnails.

I'm using my phone to log in and suspect that if I was using a different device I'd not have a problem. The only other device I have access to though is my works laptop so there's not s cat's chance in hell that you'll find me testing this site on there lol

This post was edited

Hi John, many thanks for your answer.My issues with the pictures not loading has been ever since I joined rather than just today. Basically every day I've logged in and an unable to see pictures larger than the thumbnails.I'm using my phone to log in and suspect that if I was using a different device I'd not have a problem. The only other device I have access to though is my works laptop so there's not s cat's chance in hell that you'll find me testing this site on there lol

Do you have any firewall or virus protection that may be preventing the photos from downloading to your device? Temporarily turn them off and see if that resolves your issue. You may also be on a network that is blocking it. If your on a wi-fi connection, make sure your router isn't preventing downloading.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

I'm using my android phone so no firewall here. On 4G as well so WiFi isn't causing the issue either. It's really odd, I was looking at a profile earlier and the first picture I was able to see full sized. Yet when I clicked on the next one that's when it wouldn't load.

Thanks for all your suggestions here, it's been useful to eliminate possible causes.

This post was edited