RE:Getting the Perfect Length

And I cut the liner out---Don't we all :)

Almost all. I've always baulked at getting the scissors out. Too much respect for originality, I guess. Enough candidates though:

* Running shorts (Asics, 2", probably old enough to try, LOL!),
* Solar tan-through swim brief (20+ years old, another candidate!)
* And my Homs (the sheer-when-wet lime green one would be the perfect candidate to balance the sheerness front-to-back).

So tempting, but I can't do it! In the meantime, most of my shorts and suits are unlined, as is my choice of outfit at the CO beach.

This post was edited

And I cut the liner out---Don't we all :)Almost all. I've always baulked at getting the scissors out. Too much respect for originality, I guess. Enough candidates though:* Running shorts (Asics, 2", probably old enough to try, LOL!),* Solar tan-through swim brief (20+ years old, another candidate!)* And my Homs (the sheer-when-wet lime green one would be the perfect candidate to balance the sheerness front-to-back).So tempting, but I can't do it! In the meantime, most of my shorts and suits are unlined, as is my choice of outfit at the CO beach.

Does the tan-through brief have a full liner or just a small one over the crotch?
MIne has one in front that is just enough to cover my cock and balls.
While I don't like liners I will leave that one in since the suit is somewhat sheer and too much detail might show if I took it out.
I have removed liners from shorts and non tan through swimsuits in the past.
Shorts, including swim shorts are easy to do.
Swim briefs are more challenging as it is too easy to accidentally cut through the main suit layer also,

This post was edited

Does the tan-through brief have a full liner or just a small one over the crotch?
Just the small one that does not quite reach the side seam. Since the pouch has a centre seam, the lining is also sewn in there, making clean removal a challenge without destroying the suit. The front seam would never be the same. Best to enjoy them as they are.

Were I to remove the lining successfully, the suit would remain opaque, but I think the outline would be obvious when leaving the water. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

This post was edited

Do you then wear underwear under your 1.5" shorts to avoid accidental flashing?Doing fine without right now. :-)

Addendum: must take a little care jumping in and out of cars.

This post was edited

I don't think I'll be buying any shorts with an inseam of 2" or less. I turned up a pair of 4" shorts to 2" to see what they would look like and the tip of my totally flaccid penis poked out down my leg when I was standing up straight. Heaven knows what it would look like if I saw an attractive young woman while wearing them.

This post was edited

Oh I remember well those short shorts of the 70s and 80s. It was totally not an issue that your bulge wrapped in the liner became visible when sitting, not any different than wearing a speedo. Then that horrendous fashion came of swimming suits far below the knee! So ugly, so uncomfortable, so totally absurd!

I also doctor my shorts to make them shorter. 4" is OK for freeballing to beach bars and walking around; the risk of accidental exposure is not that high if you don't manspread , and if it happens, so be it.

For activities that require squatting, freeballing in 4" long shorts is no-go, though. I really don't want to completely preclude accidental exposure, but I don't want to be dropping everything out into full view every time I crouch to pick up something. In those occasions, I keep my supershort shorts, but I wear underwear.

I do love "accidental" exposure. I like it best when shorts provide a open tunnel that from just the right angle lead your eyes directly to the interesting bits. The men wearing them either don't notice and you're stealing the view, which is sexy, or they are showing you their dick and balls while feigning modesty, which is sexy too. A penis peeking out the leg of very short shorts is great too. But I like it to really appear to be accidental.

This post was edited

Oh I remember well those short shorts of the 70s and 80s. .....

Oh yeah! Me too. For me its was the 80's and I had some very short shorts. In 84-85 I had a very short and thin pair of red swim trunks that I really liked wearing. Didn't mind the occasional "accidental" exposure either. I have been reading some recently about what has driven the move to longer lengths and a lot has to do with homophobia, male/male relation issues and feeling the need to be more covered. Of course this also hurts the acceptance of nudity especially in the US.

I bought into the longer inseam crap for a short time but hated it all the while. Nowadays I don't mind going anywhere in my 4" Chubbies shorts or 2-3 inch running shorts. I cant stand when the hem of a pair of shorts touches my knees or anywhere near.

This post was edited

1Oh I remember well those short shorts of the 70s and 80s. .....

I do too, but most men including me, wore briefs under them unless they were lined.
I do remember once in the 80's being at the neighborhood park and a young man wearing very short cutoffs squatted to unleash his dog and everything fell out!

This post was edited

Soccer bores me silly, but do you remember back then? Soccer players wore those super short pants, and flaunted their hairy legs...

Now their pants run down to their knees with not much of a hint that there is a man underneath, and they are depilated an tattoed, with made-up eyebrows, carefully profiled beards and elaborate hairdos. I don't know if all young men try to look like them, or they look like that because they are, well, young men, only very rich.

This post was edited

More historical short shorts. Probably no problems today, also, given females tend to get more latitude.

This post was edited