RE:Time for a check in...

I could not agree more. My husband and I did everything we could possibly do to stay safe. We haven't let anyone (even relatives in our front door for over 8 months, we wore masks everywhere and disinfected the mail before we would open it. I still managed to get Covid (and survive, thankfully), was hospitalized for 3 days after spending 11 hrs in the ER on a Friday night in June. I was in spectacular health otherwise with no other underlying health problems - even my weight was really good - only 113.5 lbs and 5 ft 1" on the morning of the day I was sent to the ER with a fever spiking already at 102 by early afternoon, and exercised (5-7 miles walking every day), but I was never so sick in my life. And I'm one of the lucky ones. With close to 300,000 people dead from this virus in less than a year, you have to be a completely ignorant to blow it off. Political! How stupid to say that. Covid doesn't care how you vote or what you think.

This post was edited

It's not a bad flu. my local hospital is unable to accept any new patients because it is full. I've never personally known anyone to die from the flu but know a half dozen people who have died to covid. A bad flu doesn't do that. Stop downplaying the virus, wear a mask and don't be stupid. The reason we are where we are today is because too many people didn't do the basic and easy things they could have done.

This post was edited

But if you did everything right and still got it the extra precautions ( shutdown lockdown) seem to be a waste of time and ruining many people's business and lifes!

This post was edited

HI everyone, I am located in eastern middle area of C.T. Lisbon Jewett City area. I am a member at Solair in Woodstock, and I like to spend time outdoors. I joined the group to meet other members, and spend some time sharing in activities. I like to walk, hike, and mountain bike in the local parks and on the Airline trail that runs through C. T. My activities outdoors have made this pandemic far more tolerable, I will be glad when we get through it.

This post was edited

Wow, glad you both recovered!
still hunkering down in nyc...

This post was edited

Officially a covid free house again! And just in time to decorate the house and do a little Christmas shopping for people we probably wont see. Lol. But thats a discussion for another post.

This post was edited

Would you have chosen Lock Downs during a very bad flu season? Covid is showing a less than 1% mortality rate and the actual mortality rate due to only Covid infection is around 6% of all cases related to infections. I fall into that group by age and comorbidities of the most vulnerable and for a less than 1% risk of death I would never shut down my country.

This post was edited

Well said mate, I am regional and didn't have the restrictions Melbourne did but while a very hard, difficult, stressful and lonely time for all, well it worked, we are in a far better position than do many nations around the world.
My heart goes out to them.

Praying those cases in quarantine from returned traveller's does not escape.
Stay well, take care and hang free.

This post was edited

new to TN looking to meet likeminded people to hang naked with in CT. I live in wethersfield.

This post was edited

My neighbor's in their 60's, went on a cruise in February and came home with the Covid. Went straight into self quarantine but the wife who was the healthier of the two, started to deteriorate and died after 3 weeks. Please do not say it is no worse than the flu. It is significantly worse with many long term health issue.

This post was edited