RE:Finally there is a Naturist Symbol !

All I have is a bumper sticker that says, nudist on board. Beyond that, I just use the primitive way via speech. I always casually mention my joy of nudity in most conversations. It works...kinda.

This post was edited

I've actually been wondering *why* the two large US ones and INF-FNI aren't allied. Seems weird.
For a while they were.

This post was edited

If the document image(s) are gone, copy and paste to your browser.

cdn.truenudists.com/media/b/7/4/b74548ab8762cb0845e4cde7e5956d891bea1c27.jpg

Use your browser's zoom-in function.

This post was edited

When our local club in Sacramento opens up again, they offer membership in TNS as part of a package deal. At least, that's what I've gathered from their web site.

This post was edited

I don't dislike the symbol being promoted but I do take exception to the idea that nothing existed prior to this. I would argue that the INF (International Naturist Federation) symbol is fairly well-known (or should be) and many other countries have a national organization that already has a naturist logo unique to that country. Everyone knows what FKK is and within each country the national symbol should be recognizable and if it's not, I would ask why haven't you joined your national organziation? These are the groups that fight for YOUR rights as naturists ... the legalization of beaches, lobbying government, supporting legal challenges and creating a sense of community. Get involved, be vocal, step out from behind your keyboard and enter the world of real-life, social nudism.If this is all pretty new to you and you don't know how to find your national organization, check out the International Naturist Federation website for a listing of clubs. Neither of the American organizations are members but you will find contact information for at least 50 other countries:https://inf-fni.org/

Completely true. But all the (inter)national symbols are protected by copyright. The Naturist Symbol is free to use and the independent of organisations. Specially INF has not done a great job last years. They seem to be only focussed on surviving as an organisation. (See discussion on Twitter initiated by Hector Martinez).

This post was edited

All I have is a bumper sticker that says, nudist on board. Beyond that, I just use the primitive way via speech. I always casually mention my joy of nudity in most conversations. It works...kinda.,

Those are certainly good methods. The good thing of the symbol is that it works from a distance. And it works without talking. So if you are on a beach with only textiles, and you see a naturist symbol, you know you are not the only naturist. And it is more comfortable to create a nude beach with a few others than only by yourself. (This works in many countries in Europe).

This post was edited

Now there is a group on TrueNudists to show your support to the symbol: https://www.truenudists.com/group/naturistsymbol/

This post was edited

I don't dislike the symbol being promoted but I do take exception to the idea that nothing existed prior to this. I would argue that the INF (International Naturist Federation) symbol is fairly well-known (or should be) and many other countries have a national organization that already has a naturist logo unique to that country. Everyone knows what FKK is and within each country the national symbol should be recognizable and if it's not, I would ask why haven't you joined your national organziation? These are the groups that fight for YOUR rights as naturists ... the legalization of beaches, lobbying government, supporting legal challenges and creating a sense of community. Get involved, be vocal, step out from behind your keyboard and enter the world of real-life, social nudism.If this is all pretty new to you and you don't know how to find your national organization, check out the International Naturist Federation website for a listing of clubs. Neither of the American organizations are members but you will find contact information for at least 50 other countries:https://inf-fni.org/

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. There is such a limited amount of knowledge on this site regarding naturism and history. Your point is well taken. The naturist symbol being discussed has its origins totally online. It was not associated with any national or regional naturist organization. I can say that with certainly because I know the person who first generated the idea and have been in connection with him online for more than 7 years. I wrote about the history of the symbol in a wiki article that extensively quotes the originator on my site.

I see the symbol as more of an online representational thing that will bleed into aspects of in person naturism. It doesnt actually represent all naturists or a universal naturist symbol because the effort to create it was based on a limit amount of feedback and input online. That doesnt make it a bad symbol I like the subtle symbolism but I think its promotion as as universal should be more relaxed. I see naturists in South America have their own symbols in additional to other regions and nations.

I just receive the effort and result as well intentioned with reading too broad an impact into it.

This post was edited

It sounds like you might be confusing AANR with the Naturist Society. Both are national umbrella organizations within the United States but neither belong to the international group that most counties have chosen to affiliate with. Beyond that Im not sure of their reasoning. Maybe they feel their efforts are best focussed inward?https://www.aanr.com/https://naturistsociety.com/https://inf-fni.org/

Quite right people confuse these all the time. The lack of participation in global naturist community by those organizations has alway perturbed me. But the roots of that go back so far and run deep.

This post was edited