Deleted users?

If they (True Nudists) want to clean up this website why do they hang on to so many images of users with deleted accounts? I was just poking around in the gallery and was floored by the disproportionate amount of images of people whom have their accounts deleted. Why not get rid of them or at the very least archive or set them aside "non-current" somehow?
I am curious to know other thoughts on this, please chime in.

This topic was edited
RE:Deleted users?

If they (True Nudists) want to clean up this website why do they hang on to so many images of users with deleted accounts? I was just poking around in the gallery and was floored by the disproportionate amount of images of people whom have their accounts deleted. Why not get rid of them or at the very least archive or set them aside "non-current" somehow?I am curious to know other thoughts on this, please chime in.

Because media is never deleted from this site. Even when you think you have deleted something from your profile, it isn't actually deleted from the media server. The only thing that is actually deleted is the link to the file on the media server. The photo/video itself is still there forever.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Let it go! The site owners are very involved and know what they want and not want to do with it. There are hundreds of these threads for year so let it go.

This post was edited

I am surprised that media is not deleted when someone leaves the site.
Any thread started by the former member is deleted in its entirety, so active uses see a decrease in their post count
All posts by the former uses are deleted, as well. If the post has been quoted, the quote remains but the initial post disappears.

This post was edited

If they (True Nudists) want to clean up this website why do they hang on to so many images of users with deleted accounts? I was just poking around in the gallery and was floored by the disproportionate amount of images of people whom have their accounts deleted. Why not get rid of them or at the very least archive or set them aside "non-current" somehow?I am curious to know other thoughts on this, please chime in.Because media is never deleted from this site. Even when you think you have deleted something from your profile, it isn't actually deleted from the media server. The only thing that is actually deleted is the link to the file on the media server. The photo/video itself is still there forever.John aka cobeachbum

The question is not that media is never deleted from this site but why is the media never deleted? Media that is not deleted from this or any site should give anyone serious pause to post any photos that the do not wish to remain on a server for eternity. Nothing that is posted on line is really ever safe or secure in spite of countless promises to the contrary.

This post was edited

wow ,so even if you delete your pics /information ,it is not removed ? surely thats not appropiate , i think this needs more airing and peoples views

From their Privacy Policy:

Deleting your account
Although we make a reasonable attempt to remove your information from our servers, your data may persist even after deletion in system backups, content delivery caches, or stored by 3rd party services that have cached your data (e.g. Search Engines or bots). Information posted to forums, or some sections of the site, may persist even after your account has been removed.

As for the media server, you don't even have to be logged on to TN or TS to access files on the server. Here is a photo I posted and deleted some time ago. Log off and tyr to access it.

https://cdn.truenudists.com/media/d/7/a/d7a9f3ac2fbfc1f9dc2c8a20353bb40ec934a4dc.jpg

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

To clarify, by posting your media on this site you have allowed TN to post said media with TN watermark and have given TN the right to use said media as TN sees fit for advertising and promotional rights, That is why they retain your media long after your account is gone.

This post was edited

They retain your media regardless of your account status. I have never come across a web site that kept media I deleted from my account available to the general public (note, this goes beyond logged in users, when I say the general public I mean everyone with an internet connection). These sites may very well of still had the media on back-up tapes/drives, but not on the publicly accessable site. This is just piss-poor programming that they have known about for years (Because I told them) and have failed (intentionally or not) to fix.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Oh this is something I've been aware of for years and the reason I've never posted any pictures. Once they are on the internet they are no longer yours

This post was edited

Oh this is something I've been aware of for years and the reason I've never posted any pictures. Once they are on the internet they are no longer yours

Same here.

This post was edited

In the past we were on a couple other nudist sites and learned deleting your acct does not delete your post or media. However deleting your own post and media worked but you could not delete your registered name. It does take sometime if your a contributing member but oh well.

This post was edited