Harvest Hosts

Have any of you heard of Harvest Hosts? It's a website dedicated to RVer's on the move or looking for a unique camping experience.

For those you us that don't mind dry camping or being self contained for a day or two, there are lots and lots of farms, wineries, breweries across the US that will allow you to stay on the property for free! The idea is that you may want to make a donation to the winery, farm or brewery or patronize the place with buying some of their goods or eating at their restaurants. I've also heard that for some of these places, you can stay for more than a couple of days in return for some help around the place. Being as we love wine, I think it would be great to stay a few days at a winery and help with harvest.

Check it out: https://harvesthosts.com/

This topic was edited
RE:Harvest Hosts

Thanks for the tip. I did not know about this one. We have been using Hipcamp.com but that only is property to stay on. This looks more like an experience. Thanks.

This post was edited

Yes we are members and have enjoyed many wineries in Central California looking to go to a sweet potato distillery soon near by

This post was edited

We have been members of Harvest Host for many years. There are so many places to visit...we usually spend more money at those "free" places than we would have spent to stay in an RV park, but that is because we enjoy the wine or other fares and would have done the same if we had visited them in our tow car. No place we have visited have allowed nudity, but we are always naked in our motor home anyway, so life goes on as usual for our travels. Happy travels everybody!

This post was edited

Weve joined Harvest Host and cant wait to try it out!

This post was edited

Have thought about it but just doesn't seem to fit our style. We have seen others do youtube videos on them and we decided to pass. Just our opinion.

This post was edited

I only wish we were able to stay more than a night or two. If we could stretch it to three nights or four, we could use it as a base before moving on to another. Looking to visit Napa in our motorhome.

It would be a plus if some of these places allowed nudity but if they did, all you'd probably find is more clothed people visiting to see naked people. We're going to try out one of our local wineries with some friends. I spoke to them and they told me that if we book mid week, we could probably stay for a max of 3 nights IF they had the room. Only downside to that is always being in limbo wondering if you'll have to pack up and leave the next day.

We are looking to try it out on our way to Laguna Del Sol. Normally, we drive to Bakersfield and spend the night but hoping to find a winery up that way, stay there and then the next day, head up to LdS.

This post was edited

Are you heading this way in the near future or looking more toward the late summer once the grape harvest begins?

This post was edited

Are you heading this way in the near future or looking more toward the late summer once the grape harvest begins?

We are currently in the midst of a master bath remodel. We would have been up that way already but by the time this project is done, our grandkids in college will be home. We will probably take a much needed vacation to the Central Coast and wait until early Fall to visit LdS. This master bath remodel has lit a redecorating fire under Di and I suspect we'll be doing a bunch of repainting through the summer.

We'll keep in touch!

This post was edited

that is how we used all of 2020. It began with a sewer leak in the Master Bedroom and went on from there. It was a good way to spend the time at home, since we had no other choice.

This post was edited

that is how we used all of 2020. It began with a sewer leak in the Master Bedroom and went on from there. It was a good way to spend the time at home, since we had no other choice.

We should have done this in 2020 but we only allowed our girls, sons in law and grandkids to visit until we got vaccinated. We're not back to normal by any means but after this remodel and redecoration projects, we're headed for a hotel by the beach and or bay!

We will need to start a folder of Harvest Host places and use them as our RV camping spots. We have one for RV parks.

This post was edited