2021 Expectations

In the immediate, it looks like the status quo will remain so, but in the longer term how much will go back to the way it was before? Will people want to stay at home?

Will working nude in a home office become more acceptable?

This topic was edited
RE:2021 Expectations

I think so. A lot of people have tried it at this point and like it. Personally, I think naturism will become more commonplace in general and we may start hearing about it more. Home offices will probably be the start of it.

This post was edited

One acquaintance of mine said he keeps the camera aimed at his face and if they see enough of his shoulders and upper chest to know he is not wearing a shirt, he doesn't care,
He is semi-retired and does part time consulting work, so he probably has more freedom than a regular employee would.

This post was edited

Will working nude in a home office become more acceptable?

I heard that staff are more productive when working from home. And it avoids the daily commute. So hopefully some will remain. But home-workers may miss meeting up with workmates.

This post was edited

"I heard that staff are more productive when working from home. And it avoids the daily commute. So hopefully some will remain. But home-workers may miss meeting up with workmates."

I suspect the long-term consequences of working remotely without the casual interaction with colleagues may have a hidden cost in missed sharing and networking opportunities. That may only show over time. In Australia, with the summer holiday season in full swing, we are getting small-but-significant numbers of cases, but they are generally not clustered. The news reports allowing higher numbers back to work for 'nonessential' industries (but surely maintaining a job is always essential?), but becoming stricter over masks in the office. Who knows where we shall end up.

This post was edited

I think so. A lot of people have tried it at this point and like it. Personally, I think naturism will become more commonplace in general and we may start hearing about it more. Home offices will probably be the start of it.

Who would've thought corporations would become a driving force for naturism? I hope it does.

This post was edited

Will working nude in a home office become more acceptable?I heard that staff are more productive when working from home. And it avoids the daily commute. So hopefully some will remain. But home-workers may miss meeting up with workmates.

That could be an issue. Those spontaneous interactions can lead to great things, but humans seem to be adaptable and it all depends on the company's needs, right?

This post was edited

"I heard that staff are more productive when working from home. And it avoids the daily commute. So hopefully some will remain. But home-workers may miss meeting up with workmates."I suspect the long-term consequences of working remotely without the casual interaction with colleagues may have a hidden cost in missed sharing and networking opportunities. That may only show over time. In Australia, with the summer holiday season in full swing, we are getting small-but-significant numbers of cases, but they are generally not clustered. The news reports allowing higher numbers back to work for 'nonessential' industries (but surely maintaining a job is always essential?), but becoming stricter over masks in the office. Who knows where we shall end up.

You could be right. And while mask wearing should be promoted why not dress down in the office? ^_^

This post was edited