Sex Offender number 1

On January 1, I had the first sex offender of the year apply at the club. He's a kindly looking elderly man, i descovered he had been newly-released, He'd done almost 10 years for raping a boy. Sounds like a light sentence, but I suppose society is getting soft.

Last year we had about 10 sex offenders applied, it seems the Billings area is sort of a magnet for the criminal element. and we had a few others apply that weren't sex offenders but just bad dudes in general.

One guy was in his late 50s he'd served most of his adult life in prison. I don't remember the specifics but it was three separate felony counts of vehicular assault, and one DUI. It's a safe bet he's not a good guy to have around.

Another guy was awaiting trial on two separate shooting incidents in North East Montana. It sounded like someone else had started the first shootout, then he and some others drove to their house to finish it with another shootout. In any case it sounded like a tangled mess between dirt bags and we certainly didn't want to get involved in.

Another guy had done time for rape and kidnapping. He hadn't mentioned it. When I found out, I called him out on it, he said it was something that happened back when he was in his twenties, (he was currently 50) and he said it was a sort of wife swap, swing type situation that had gone wrong. Boy I'll say! ( If you're going to share the wife, make sure she's in agreement) We of course had to pass on his Membership, but part of me sort of believed him.......

Another guy was in his sixties, he actually looked a lot like Yosemite Sam. One count of rape and 8 DUIs. (Yes 8 DUIs) I suppose after the second DUI the justice system decided they'd fix it by taking his license. I suppose they were giving him leniency since he hadn't killed anybody, yet.

It's something we've been thinking about the last few days because we've been considering setting up a day pass system for the club. We've been getting an increasing number of requests for day passes. but we don't really have time to meet people at the gate and certainly screening them at the gate doesn't seem practical either. we're not really on a witch hunt for criminals, we're only concerned with violent convictions, or a series of stupid crime convictions. On the bright side the majority of serious felons have sort of a feel to them, and when we get that slime feeling we know it's a good idea to look further. ......

I'll give an update on the day pass situation once we get some ideas figured out..

This topic was edited
RE:Sex Offender number 1

Wow!

This post was edited
RE:Sex Offender number 1

Personally, I would become good friends with your county sheriff, and let them know that it is your desire to keep the pervs out of your club who might take advantage of the lack of clothing for their own personal sickness. I am sure they would be more than happy to help out. Just let them know you would never abuse the privilege, but that if someone is giving you the heeby jebbies, that you'll call and have them run their name and Drivers License through the NCIS and state systems to see if the dude is kosher or not. If they ARE a sex offender, and they are trying to get into a nudist retreat, they are most likely still on parole, and that is a violation of their parole.

Don

This post was edited