Ocala National Forest Hiking

I'm looking for a companion or companions for nude hiking in the Ocala National Forest. Anyone interested?

This topic was edited
RE:Ocala National Forest Hiking

As soon as hunting season is over, let's hike.

This post was edited

Sounds like fun. I'd like to go.

This post was edited

There is no federal prohibition to nudity. Most you'll get is a pearl-clutcher using some other reason to make a fuss... like obscenity violation or harassment. That then goes to he said/she said, but the headache and possible time in jail awaiting your booking would be irritating... even if it's only a couple hours. Surely, this is worst-case scenario, but there are plenty of people who use the law to push their own agendas.

State law is against nudity within view of the public unless within a "reasonable expectation of privacy"... like fencing. So, even if you're on National Park land, if you can be seen from state land the state may prosecute - one reason I don't trust the popularity of Passage Key... should the soccer moms decide, it is within view of state land or waters and therefore illegal... "think of the children!"

However, wise choice of paths within a National Park would allow nudity so long as one can "reasonably" expect to not be seen from state public view. Hiking the Appalachian Trail nude is common-ish and I think an organized annual event.

This post was edited

TroyNbr2 wrote;
There is no federal prohibition to nudity. Most you'll get is a pearl-clutcher using some other reason to make a fuss... like obscenity violation or harassment.

Not true. I refer you to this web site, which quotes the actual law regarding nudity on federal property:

https://www.boondockersbible.com/knowledgebase/is-nude-camping-legal-on-federal-lands/

Please note that this is a matter of regulation, not law. And as Troy pointed out, it's often a matter of an agency or ranger deciding that it's not worth the trouble to prosecute. A friend of mine says that he's camped in "dispersed" areas on BLM land without being harassed.

State law is against nudity within view of the public unless within a "reasonable expectation of privacy"... like fencing. So, even if you're on National Park land, if you can be seen from state land the state may prosecute -However, wise choice of paths within a National Park would allow nudity so long as one can "reasonably" expect to not be seen from state public view. Hiking the Appalachian Trail nude is common-ish and I think an organized annual event.

I assume you're talking about Florida state law. I don't know anything about that. In California, nudity can fall under the catch-all "lewd and lascivious conduct" which may vary from locality to locality. There are a few beaches where nudity is condoned, although the conduct is not legally protected. As for other states, it's best to get information from local clubs if you can.

This post was edited

Every state has it's own law(s) on public nudity. There are also local county and municipal laws and codes that may address nudity. Those local laws and codes may be criminal offenses or just a violation. Here is a link to the most concise explanation of Florida state law I've seen.

https://www.husseinandwebber.com/crimes/public-order-obstruction/exposure-of-sexual-organs/

This post was edited

Too far for me to travel.

This post was edited

In the 70s my wife and I and the kids liked to camp at Fore Lake and Half Moon lake. We enjoyed it a lot. Deer flies on the other hand were out of control.

This post was edited

Did you find anyone?

This post was edited