Closet Cleaning Rule

One rule for avoiding clutter is if you haven't used or worn something for a year, get rid of it.
This might not be a good rule for 2021 since with the covid restrictions, many more of us are working from home and/or not going many other places.
I know it has only been 10 months since the pandemic became a significant event, but I thought I would ask any way since we are at the end of the year
If you were to toss any clothing that you haven't worn since the start of the Pandemic, what would you need to get rid of?
What would you be keeping?

This topic was edited
RE:Closet Cleaning Rule

Half my closet is taken up with commemorative T-shirts of all the events I've been to in twenty years. I have a hard time giving them up, but I guess I should.

This post was edited

Half my closet is taken up with commemorative T-shirts of all the events I've been to in twenty years. I have a hard time giving them up, but I guess I should.

I wasn't thinking about commemorative t shirts. I have a few that I rarely or never wear and don't even consider them to be part of my wardrobe. I was more talking about clothes that we didn't have to wear for the past year since we didn't have many places to go.

This post was edited

Not working anymore and live naked, most of the time. I too have commemorative t shirts from events and places we visited, including nudist clubs and resorts. I'd keep those, even though some don't fit well anymore. I have a bunch of shirts both casual and formal wear that I could get rid of and just keep a couple. I have lots of outer wear that I don't wear because I tend to wear the same jackets, fleece tops over and over again. I could also get rid of some shoes.

The pandemic has really opened our eyes to how much crap we have accumulated over the years and come spring, we will empty our closets out again with stuff we haven't worn in some time, stuff that doesn't fit or stuff that was a fashion but is no longer. All our used clothes and shoes are in good shape and we donate to either Disabled Vets, Goodwill or Salvation Army. We both could get rid of 1/2 our closet and most likely never miss the stuff and probably couldn't remember what we got rid of.

This post was edited

Half my closet is taken up with commemorative T-shirts of all the events I've been to in twenty years. I have a hard time giving them up, but I guess I should.Nahhhhhh that's different. This is more for extraneous crap I think. Like that specialized cheese-keeper you never use because you eat the cheese faster than would warrant digging the thing out of the cupboard and cleaning off all the dust.

Yes, I was talking about clothes that are kept for no reason at all but never or rarely used.
While the same principal applies to other stuff also, that wasn't really what I had in mind.

This post was edited

This is a rule we used at work. There we turned over vendor catalogs each 1 Jan and if at the end of the year if nobody uses them then that vendor must not be preferred. We had 50 using one company library.

I need to get rid of more stuff. We plan to downsize and move to a more nudist friendly place. Thanks

This post was edited