Chatroom issues

HI all

anyone else having chatroom problems still?

As in

Whoops we could not retrieve a token ...

This topic was edited
RE:Chatroom issues

yes havent been able to get it started for a week =((

This post was edited

have tried three different browsers on 2 different computers too .. still no joy

This post was edited

Others who have had this issue have found that by deleting (or just changing) the lat/lon settings in their profile have resolved this issue. Don't ask why, I don't know.

My Settings
"I would like enter my own latitude/longitude" link
Make your changes

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

thanks for that John , alas tried it and no joy .
When i hit the 'want to enter own location ' i get a page load error and a prompt to see teh javascript console .... the plot thickens

This post was edited

That the place geotags you (even if you enter a different city or use a region name) is a bit odd, IMO. It totally does, by the way. Users may have to believe your profile but TN knows for sure.

You can narrow down the truth via the search functions by distance, if not exact city. Of course, now that everyone has been changing it to try and get chat to work, that may not even be accurate anymore. I kinda like that I can change it (Moved mine to the middle of a highway in St Louis) so it's not tagged directly to my house, though I suspect it was originally tagged to the town where my internet provider is as most other websites that try and figure out where I am tag to their office address.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited