Favorite...

We are curious about your morning coffee.
Do you have a favorite one, or depending on your morning feeling?
Please share your thoughts!

This topic was edited
RE:Favorite...

It sounds delicious!
We drink several types of Starbucks but only if we are on airports.
Illy is fantastic in every way!

This post was edited
RE: Favorite Coffee

My all-time favorite coffee is from 'Soul Full Cup'. They are a local roaster facility in Corning, New York. They do distribute their coffees to many different areas. My personal favorite from them is 'RainForest', followed by 'Luna Liquid'. They also offer a darker roast 'Glassblower' which was created for the workers at the Corning Inc (makers of dinnerware etc) plant near them. I have to agree with the previous poster. Any coffee tastes better when it is brewed through a percolator. As someone who has enjoyed many camping trips in my life, I would also agree that the smell of freshly brewed coffee while camping, is one of the best smells to wake up to and enjoy.

This post was edited

Folgers, Black Silk!

This post was edited

Im not much of a coffee connoisseur but do like a somewhat dark coffee. I makeup a mix of Folgers Blacksilk & Gourmet and then add a touch of fresh ground Sumatra... it usually turns out pretty good. I do use a little Turbinado sugar and Half & half cream to round out the cup. Yum...its the best way to start the morning.

This post was edited

I love my coffee in the morning. During summer I can enjoy it on the back deck naked. The wife does not like coffee. I usually drink Columbian. I do have some Jamaica Blue Mountain which I reserve for holidays and some Sundays. I fell in love with Blue Mountain the first time I drank some at Couples Tower Island.

This post was edited

As an addition to my earlier post, I have added another ingredient to the coffee mixture. My son purchased a can of Expresso for a morning drink. He tried it and said it was a little weak for real Expresso and left it. I have added it sparingly to my coffee ground mixture for a little more zip. Well see how it goes the next week or so. Maybe I can get more things done around the house?? LOL.

This post was edited

As an another adder to the prior post, I have kept experimenting with the proportions of the coffee grinds mix. It has been an ongoing & somewhat fluid mixture but I now have it pretty close. Its about 40% Folgers Black Silk, 40% Folgers Gourmet, 10% Folgers French Roast & 10% fresh roasted Sumatra from the local coffee shop. Those amounts are approximate but pretty close. I do adjust the Sumatra as needed. The funny part is my wife & boys all seem to like it and refer to it as *Dads Blend*. I like it & so does everyone else. Do I get to take a victory lap now? LOL

This post was edited

I was on a recent 4x4 camping trip with my crew from the fire house. Two of us are retired now and a couple of the others are still working and close to retirement. We got into this annual 4x4 trip over 20 years ago. It's always been a guys trip. Father's and sons, Grandfather's and grandsons, Uncles and nephews... no females because they really don't like roughing it like we do. We go out to Death Valley mostly. It's not a nude trip but it's because I'm the only nudist and we now invite other people who would not be comfortable and we've also allowed women, young girls to go on this trip.

Been watching this YouTube channel on Overlanding. I've bought so many accessories and overlanding equipment because of that channel. My Jeep is outfitted quite well for weekend trips and up to a week or more out on the trail. I ended up buying a percolator to add to my equipment. I forgot just how good, percolated coffee tasted while out camping. I usually finish off the pot when everyone else has had their fill.

Only issue I have is that I'm constantly telling everyone in the caravan that I've gotta stop to get rid of all that coffee! ;D

This post was edited

I had to laugh. I read the post starting off with Im not a coffee connoisseur then went on to talk about his blend of coffees. That is a bit more of a coffee connoisseur than I am. My favorite coffee is brewed. Dont get me wrong if I had choices then I might prefer one over the other. After my military days, specially in the field, what ever is in the pot is good enough for the moment. Since then I have gotten some that I like. Black rifle coffee makes some good coffee. My store bought coffee is black silk. I drink my coffee black by the way. Nothing added.

This post was edited

After reading the other posts I realize that I'm a bit of a coffee snob. I only enjoy extremely dark roasts and except for Cappuccino or better yet Cortado, I only drink it black, no sugar.

My day to day coffee is Community Dark roast and prefer PJ's if I'm going to a chain coffee shop; not a fan of Starbuck's. On weekends I either use a French Press or a Vietnamese Phin. The Phin can make nearly Espresso quality coffee without all the extra accoutrements of an espresso machine.

My favorite spot to drink coffee is naked on the patio with a biscotti, listening and watching the birds as they welcome a new day.

This post was edited