Here's a twist on the "dream " of continous nudity

Luann and I made the decision to close our business for a week and sideline the employees on the clock even though technically we could have still been running service during this crisis time. So yes since we live a naked lifestyle at home we were. We had our 3rd vaca in 20+ yrs just a couple weeks ago at a nude resort.
Here's the twist. I have no clue how to shut my working brain down and not go out and work. My body is busted up and worn out even though I can stand there and look like Apollo it just needs constant surgery repair now. :D Luann runs on nitro I swear and can't sit for more than a day or two. This does does not bode well with the the "dream" of retirement and staying naked 24-7 as I thought. At work i count the hours until I am out of the clothes and then to see Luann naked as we work together. Gawd Im complicated and could use some input or feedback. I may post this in the 50 and older group as well.

This topic was edited
RE:Here's a twist on the "dream " of continous nudity

My wife especially is like you and your wife. Shes an energizer bunny and has a lot of trouble getting into relax mode. For me it depends but if I know things will be okay I can turn things off pretty quickly. Ive found over the years the only way I can get her to truly relax is to go out of the country or at least across the country for 7-10 days to somewhere where there are some things to do like volleyball, socializing, and a few excursions. We did a number of trips to Grand Lido and N Resort in Jamaica years ago before they changed/closed, also a trip to Cypress Cove. Weve also had several non-nude trips to Europe, Africa and Pacific islands. In each case it usually took 3-4 days before shed slow down and actually relax and not want to continually call to check on things.

This post was edited

Luann and I made the decision to close our business for a week and sideline the employees on the clock even though technically we could have still been running service during this crisis time. So yes since we live a naked lifestyle at home we were. We had our 3rd vaca in 20+ yrs just a couple weeks ago at a nude resort.Here's the twist. I have no clue how to shut my working brain down and not go out and work. My body is busted up and worn out even though I can stand there and look like Apollo it just needs constant surgery repair now. :D Luann runs on nitro I swear and can't sit for more than a day or two. This does does not bode well with the the "dream" of retirement and staying naked 24-7 as I thought. At work i count the hours until I am out of the clothes and then to see Luann naked as we work together. Gawd Im complicated and could use some input or feedback. I may post this in the 50 and older group as well.

I had a different type of job. Lots of peaks of activity and valleys of down time. I could never work slow fire houses. I always looked for the busy places to be stationed or work my overtimes. It was difficult, at first, to slow down completely when I retired. It took a year and in the year, I had to have a list to things to keep me busy during the days that Di was at work. She worked an additional 5 years after I retired.

Di was a college English Professor. Things changed at work and it no longer was fun so when she retired, she was ready. She did have things she wanted to do and took over grandchild care for me and I was glad to let her have that duty. She kept busy with helping grandkids with their homework and papers they needed to write. She took up golf and we began playing together and I actually love playing golf with her.

Like you and Luann, I suspect while you're still working, your off days are enjoyed and you may seem to have less naked time than you'd like. Retirement is a work in progress. The transition isn't as easy as some would think it is. You have to give yourself a year to adjust. For that first year, do whatever you want to do; do nothing, travel, volunteer, work part time, do things you've always wanted to do but didn't have the time, At then end of that year, evaluate where you are and if you enjoy doing nothing - doing some things. If at the end of the year, you find you just can't sit still and you want to work, you have a trade that will be forever needed and you can always work your way back into it at your pace and at the level you want to be involved with. I've never owned a business but working and running it are two different things and when you're doing both... it's brutal on you physically and mentally.

Our transition was a little easier with 5 grandkids. All were involved in some extra activity, like sports. We seemed to always be on the go to a game or event. Not sure if you're in that situation but that helped us transition easier. I have firefighter friends that had a difficult time with retirement because work was all they knew and had. Gotta find other things to get involved in. Do it now and transition will be a little easier.

This post was edited

I just retired back in September for medical reasons, so I am still adjusting to the life. Rockdad, as a Sociology/pre-law major who went to school in a military town and am ex-military myself, I was shocked to find out that one of the highest groups of suicide persons are people who have retired from the military after 20+ years of service. These men and women spent all of those years getting up every single morning to a regiment of PT, running several miles, doing sit ups and pushups, followed by a day of action, either training to execute a plan, or in times of war, executing a mission. They usually retire as E-7's or higher (or lieutenant colonels or above as an officer) and are used to a command position with subordinates that they are responsible for and are accustomed to issuing orders on a daily basis. When they retire, they suddenly have nothing to do, and feelings of worth and fear of the future cause many to disconnect and take that drastic and tragic option to end their life.

All of the experts agree that to combat this, retirees have to find a new mission, be it a hobby of something they have always wanted to try, volunteering at a charity they admire, or starting a new career (I think of the actor Gene Hackman, who stopped acting and began writing and self publishing books). Retiring should not be about kicking back per say, but starting a new chapter in life. I hope you understand that I am not suggesting that you are suicidal. But the lessons to be learned are there. Ya'll cant turn off your brain to relax? Who said you have to? Just channel it in a new direction. Wake up in the morning excited about going down to a local charity to help them, be it a church, county animal shelter, or whatever. My retirement was kind of sudden, as I did not expect to EVER be able to retire, so I had not made plans. But if retirement is in the immediate future, have a plan. Explore life with new goals. But I don't think sitting on one's ass is a real option ... although it sure is damn nice to have that option!

Don

This post was edited

I was on my own at the age of 16 when the legal age for anything was 21. So I had to be pushing myself to survive. I eventually became a career soldier and loved the military, always on the go in some manner. I had "rough" plans for retirement, but that was going to be years away as I planned to stay in until I had completed 35 years. When I was injured and unexpectedly retired it was a shock to me mentally and physically. After 6 months of sitting and looking out the window I decided to change my life. I began volunteering with a few non-profits, which led to full time work and I kept busy. After a few years I wanted a change and transitioned to other things. Still keeping mentally and physically busy. I was no couch potato.
Finally age & medical issues made me slow down physically but mentally I was still going strong. I have been fortunate to find friends that enjoy some activities with me, such as nude camping & travel. My home is nudist comfortable inside and in my back yard and most of my friends either accept my nudity or are nudists themselves. I think social nudity has definitely improved my life over the years and have no regrets.

This post was edited

I recently advised our company owner that Id like to go to a three day work week and have extended weekends along with occasional sales calls. This had been in the works for several months and is now about to happen. Im not quite sure how its all going to work as Ive had a paying job for the past 50 years...I probably will never completely stop...its just a matter of what my work will be. The wife retired about three years ago and is ready for me to stay home. Weve had multiple trips as temporary childcare for the kids along with the usual visits. As far as increasing my nude time...it will probably work out as nude when able and textile as needed. Living a complete nude lifestyle is never going to happen for me...but Ill continue to enjoy the nude opportunities that I have.

This post was edited

John I caught the part of the wife is ready for me to be at home. It actually gave me a chuckle thinking back a few years ago talking to a multi-millionaire business owner who talked of retiring and the Mrs was not so on board with that. Obviously money was not an issue it was being together 24/7 if he did retire. He shared with me it hurt his feelings. Well sadly enough even though he has a large Yaught he is not retired and I do still contract work for him.

This post was edited

John I caught the part of the wife is ready for me to be at home. It actually gave me a chuckle thinking back a few years ago talking to a multi-millionaire business owner who talked of retiring and the Mrs was not so on board with that. Obviously money was not an issue it was being together 24/7 if he did retire. He shared with me it hurt his feelings. Well sadly enough even though he has a large Yaught he is not retired and I do still contract work for him.

Only way to be naked more often is for us to move to our club or some other club/resort. The only place we have to be careful is out front. We still do a bit of travel to nude resorts and clubs so we can be satisfied with that environment.

Retirement is truly a process. It was difficult for me, at first, but I got used to it. Di continued to work for 5 years afterwards. It was equally a process, all over again, when she retired. It took me a couple of years to adjust to not think about getting up, climbing in the truck and heading up the freeway to the fire house. I no sooner got adjusted, had a routine and was enjoying my me time when Di pulled the plug and was home everyday, all day. Another adjustment period for me and then she began that process I went through as a new retiree.

You get through it. Makes it a lot easier if you really like each other and like being with each other, which I know you both do. ;-)

This post was edited

Thank you for the compliment...and youre exactly correct. I have enjoyed being in my sweeties presence for the past 40 years and have no intention of stopping. Weve got close friends that say were attached at the hip...thats not quite the case but our string is pretty short. Were trying to start with travel to local areas of interest and getting out as we think it is safe. I hope all of you are able to enjoy the same. The wife agrees as she listening to this from three feet away!

This post was edited

My body is busted up and worn out even though I can stand there and look like Apollo it just needs constant surgery repair now. :D

Apollo? I can see that!

This post was edited

It always takes a few days to finally relax when on vacation...nude or not. I like my short vacations but really like my long vacations.

This post was edited