RE: Summer at Sunnyside 20/21

Oh, and sand is returning to the northern end near the rocks. Nature is powerful.

This post was edited
RE:summer 20/21

Not so warm today, but strong sun resulted in a turnout of around 55 including 7 or so females. Water still felt cold! More boats offshore today, perhaps that's where the fish were biting. One nude paddler. There were more than usual clothed people today, seemed to be mainly older people intent on passing through. A couple of guys stayed in their swim briefs; perhaps they feel more comfortable in the CO section rather than a regular beach.

This post was edited

Not so warm today, but strong sun resulted in a turnout of around 55 including 7 or so females. Water still felt cold! More boats offshore today, perhaps that's where the fish were biting. One nude paddler. There were more than usual clothed people today, seemed to be mainly older people intent on passing through. A couple of guys stayed in their swim briefs; perhaps they feel more comfortable in the CO section rather than a regular beach.

I thought swim briefs were common enough in Australia that men should feel comfortable wearing them on any beach.
Am I mistaked?

This post was edited

"I thought swim briefs were common enough in Australia that men should feel comfortable wearing them on any beach.Am I mistaked?"

I wasn't about to ask them! The cut of their suits were more conservative than almost all of mine. Perhaps they are too shy to wear them elsewhere, perhaps they like the vibe of Sunnyside, even while being suited.

This post was edited

Swim briefs / speedo types are common enough but not worn on every second male on Oz beaches. Was on Bondi in May 2019 and saw a few younger guys (not my age) wearing them so I was impressed. Did not see many on beaches in summer 19/20, have not been to many textile beaches this summer, only the one I walk through to get to the CO part, and I was the only one wearing them. This change is slow.

This post was edited

Today's report: nice and sunny, although the water's still cold (officially 19C / 66F - and it felt like it!). As the weather is warming up this week, today was the first 'nice' day with more sunshine than heat. Around 45 in attendance. With schools back for 2021, the campground was occupied and hence the beach near the carpark was a hive of activity when I returned to my car, with happy campers splashing and paddling canoes in the water. The bitumen carpark was full without noticeable overflow into the dirt area or back upon the sides of the approach road. Expect the next few days to be busier!

This post was edited

So quiet...

This post was edited
RE:summer 20/21 at Sunnyside

Busy but glorious. About 130 souls, a good proportion of females, one dog, one boat, one kayak, all just enjoying the scene.

Managed to get a good car space without too much wait, too. Cars parked well along the approach road, as expected.

This post was edited
RE:summer 20/21 at Sunnyside

First time there in ages today, partly due to our lousy summer, partly due to a lack of opportunity. Pleasant for a visit, although water is starting to cool a little. Around 85 people including a dozen females, numerous dogs and a boat. Two more nice days for those planning to get some sun before a mild cool change comes through.

This post was edited

Busy. At least five waiting for a car space. Park up the hill!

This post was edited