Island Spa Status

I've heard from a few people who have been to the Spa lately. They are exercising an abundance of safety features. Steam room and Saunas are closed but the tubs are open. The tubs are marked as to where you can sit. Massages and body scrubs are being done. Restaurant is open but you have to eat outside. They reduced the admission price a bit. Most people are saying the wet area is quite empty and the few people there are not wearing masks. Maybe they will enforce that if it gets crowded. Does anyone else have other feedback?

This topic was edited
RE:Island Spa Status

I'm on Island spa today and they are constantly cleaning all the areas. There are alcohol and hand sanitizer stations around most of the areas and disinfectant wipes in the sleeping rooms. In the bathtub area, they only allow 2 to 3 persons inside the pools and the keep distance in the shower area. In other words, they are trying their best to keep us safe.

This post was edited

I'm on Island spa today and they are constantly cleaning all the areas. There are alcohol and hand sanitizer stations around most of the areas and disinfectant wipes in the sleeping rooms. In the bathtub area, they only allow 2 to 3 persons inside the pools and the keep distance in the shower area. In other words, they are trying their best to keep us safe.

Thanks for the update. I'm glad they are exercising an abundance of caution but I'll wait till the pandemic is over to get the full experience. I find the steam room and sauna the most relaxing. I can't see myself wearing a mask during my visit.

This post was edited

I went recently and felt that they are doing everything they can plus to keep it clean and open within the rules. Just a note that masks are not mandatory or used in the wet area because masks are not effective once they are wet. The wet area they have markers to keep people apart to make up for this. The CDC webpage says:

Water activities

Do not wear a mask when doing activities that may get your mask wet, like swimming at the beach or pool. A wet mask can make it difficult to breathe and may not work as well when wet.

This post was edited

As much as I like going to Island Spa. I am going to wait until everything is open. I too enjoy the different saunas in the main room. As well as the one wet and dry sauna in the men's room. I can not see paying all that money and to be limited to what you c an use. It is good too know that they are doing everything possible to make it a safe and enjoyable as they can

This post was edited

As much as I like going to Island Spa. I am going to wait until everything is open. I too enjoy the different saunas in the main room. As well as the one wet and dry sauna in the men's room. I can not see paying all that money and to be limited to what you c an use. It is good too know that they are doing everything possible to make it a safe and enjoyable as they can

Me either. I used to go to Star Spa in Palisades but haven't been there since the pandemic. I'm anxious to check out Island Spa but will wait till it is fully open and safe. Hopefully that will happen soon.

This post was edited