Do Nudists on Truenudists.com Really Want To Meet?

I begin this by writing that for 20+ years, I was once 1/2 of a nudist couple. We frequented Pirate's Cove Beach at the Central California Coast, Deer Park Nudist Resort near San Bernadino and Laguna del Sol just south of Sacramento. As a couple, it was much easier to make friends with nudists. We did not join any other nudist sites than aanr.com. I have been a single male nudist for just under 10 years now and have discovered single male nudists are often ignored and/or excluded from the nudist social arena. The only real exception is if they socialize in a group of other single male nudists but those groups tend to be of the gay persuasion. I joined Truenudists.com hoping to find actual nudists to be friends with but it appears that many treat this site as either eharmony or Tinder while actual nudists seem put of by single male nudists. Now, I do realize there are single males on here who only want to see pictures of naked folks, as evident by the "Nice boobs", "Amazing nipples", "Awesome ass" and similar comments on many of the females pictures. Unfortunately it seems as if it is easier to ignore all single males than to weed out the schmucks and befriend the actual single male nudists, who would not act in such a manner.

This topic was edited
RE:Do Nudists on Truenudists.com Really Want To Meet?

Been saying I want to actually meet and participate with other nudists here in Austin TX for over a year now - little luck. I did hang with 1 couple and 1 old nudist like me last year as well as one female I have known for over 20 years who went to the nude park Hippie Hollow with me. However little luck since Covid and I"ll probably just die of no nude and no fun. Have to live a little somehow. Any suggestions? AustinJohn

This post was edited

Venues are privately owned.
Some allow singles, some don't and some just discrimate against single men. Which I always thought was idiotic.
Thankfully, many venues in Australia are allowing single men. Albeit some are limiting single numbers, as to not "overwhelm" the females.
However I personally think it's more of outdated views of both "women are uncomfortable surrounded by too many men" and "men are overprotective of their women, not wanting potential competition and fear singles will seduce them".

I was a single for 8 years (by choice. I have medical issues). I wasn't able to go to a couple of venues alone, back in 2007 and 2008.
However I was fortunate to know several single males, only too happy to accompany me.
Ludicrous!
How are singles suppose to meet?

After living at a venue for the last 5 of those 8 years and talking with many couples/singles alike. Almost every person I discussed "single men" with, stated they had no issues with singles attending venues.
The few who were opposed, stated personal bad experience.
Unfortunately, it is the few spoiling it for the many.

I can only suggest, that singles (which unfortunately often includes a person with a textile partner) plan a holiday further from home, after contacting venues and finding one, who'll accept you.
Unless you're able to find yourself an "activity partner" (platonic friend who attends venues, clubs and events etc.)
Also note, that most venues are becoming more LGBTIQA+ friendly. Thus effectively allowing same sex couples.
However... once again, they're privately owned venues and some still have antiquainted answers.

This post was edited

Very well said emZ. I completely agree with you on this one.
More needs to be done sor the single scene for both sexes. This would benefit all clubs and venues

This post was edited

Good review on this and we do hope more folks get out and meet others. Great way to know more about people and who knows might just do some traveling together in the future.

This post was edited

Good review on this and we do hope more folks get out and meet others. Great way to know more about people and who knows might just do some traveling together in the future.

This post was edited

Ive (Paul) have been a single male here on TN before meeting Amy and I feel your pain. It is much tougher for single guys to find legit nudists here and a bit tougher to socialize at nudist resorts. I know a big part of it is the few bad apples that ruin things for the true nudist single guys out there and its a shame. I can tell you that Amy and I give the same amount of consideration to all friend requests we get here. We read the profiles, check out other friends they have and groups they belong to and make our decision on that, regardless of gender, race or sexual orientation. If you seem like good people thats here for the right reasons we accept:-)

This post was edited

We certainly want to meet other TN members when possible. Were open to driving out of state when were able to and have been to 4 resorts not in the state of Indiana.

This post was edited

I like going to Priats Cove and Lupin Lodge. Now that the weather is warming up, I can't wait to get out there. Hopefully actually meet up with others.

This post was edited