Winter Flip Flops

Do others wear their flip flops in the house during the cold months when you can't? They are a constant reminder to me that warmer weather will return. I also think it's better for my feet to wear flip flops or bare footed. It's that one thing I can't put away even though it's winter and not the most practical of footwear. I do have some warm slippers when my feet get cold. ;-)

This topic was edited
RE:Winter Flip Flops

I wear flip flops in the winter as long as their isn't snow on the ground, especially when I run small errands. I get weird looks from people all the time but it doesn't bother me, lol.

This post was edited

Since I live in Southern California, I can and do wear flip flops all year long. I have a small basket filled with flip flops near the door, so I / we can quickly run out of the house. Also, I have a few pairs of flip flops strictly for wearing inside the house. On that rare cold morning where the tile is just a little too cold. Hate slippers actually.

This post was edited

I have some toe socks to wear with my flip flops when the weather gets really cold here in Southern Alabama, Christmas to Valentines Day. I try to have pairs for inside and outside wear. I don't usually go barefoot in the house because I have cats and there is usually something crunchy on the kitchen floor.

This post was edited

In the house I am barefoot winter and summer, unless it's so cold that I have socks on. Flip-flops maybe for a quick trip to the garage (which has a crumbling concrete floor, very hard on the feet). But that depends on if I have to traipse through snow. Otherwise, I love flip-flops. I have some Locals (brand) flip flops that have clear straps, they are great because it looks like I'm barefoot, which really does go nicely with being bare-body, I think.

This post was edited

So far here in the South I where flip flops year round. I do receive a lot of comments when it is 40 degrees or below. It is just what I prefer. Also nothing like it when traveling. It really helps with airport security checks. I really love seeing naked guys and gals in flip flops if you can't be barefoot.

This post was edited

almost always barefoot , love it , but do wear flip flops when I have to

This post was edited

Same here, barefoot in the house always. Barefoot outside till it is below 40f or so. Even then if I am only out for 5 minutes or so I am barefoot, even in snow , for quick trips. Flip flops are for the times my wife makes me wear shoes. Or when I feel like dressing up , you know, more formal and all. I can tolerate wearing a loose pair of shorts better than any real shoes. Zeros and nice leather flip flops dominate my shoe wardrobe!

This post was edited

I almost always am nude and barefoot when home (Unless expecting textile company)

When I do go out, I generally wear slip on boat shoes in the winter (Unless I need boots for the snow)

In the warmer 1/2 of the year, I will wear slips or flip flops, except when on my sailboat, when closed toe shoes are definitely recommended for grip on the decks and NOT catching lines, sheets, halyards, stays, shrouds......between my toes (OUCH)

This post was edited

Barefoot or flip flops year round unless required for work

This post was edited

So I never wear shoes indoors because I consider the soles of anyone's shoes, including my own, to be completely contaminated with whatever you step on outdoors. Nevertheless, during winter, if it is not raining and not below 40-degrees, it is likely that I will wear flip-flops if I leave my place. Because I am a nudist but it is too chilly here during winter, I figure that baring my feet is the closest I can get to public nudity during winter:) On occasion, I've had some woman at a store comment in a joking manner about my choice of footwear. I just take it in stride;) If I'm going somewhere like the tanning salon or to a doctor's appointment - i.e. somewhere that I will have to get nude, I always take flip-flops. Nothing worse than having to bend over to untie one's shoes and take one's socks off - that is just utter nonsense to me. And of course, when I wear flip-flops, once I get in my vehicle I always slip them off to drive barefoot. During summer, if I am able to, I drive nude;)

This post was edited