RE:Meeting Nudists

An Australian take on this issue ..... and from a singles perspective.
Many people on TN are ready to create a profile. Fewer are ready to correspond. Fewer again are willing to arrange to meet. Fewer still actually follow through with the meet-up. It all seems great as an idea but when it comes to the crunch, not many are willing to do it.
I think it is a combination of nerves and availability. Very few locals want to meet with other locals. Perhaps it's the chance of being outed locally that deters many. I've heard the same account from nudies in other countries too.
As a host and a guest, I'd prefer to meet at the beach than someone's home if it's just for a meet-up.
On Couchsurfing.com you can state that you'll only host nudists. Over four years I've successfully hosted a few locals and about 40 nudist (or willing beginners) guys from all around the world. I definitely recommend it.

This post was edited

Distance and timing are the primary limiters to meeting others. We've met about 15 from this site in real life, and all have been fine folks. Included in that are several single females and a number of couples.

We certainly enjoyed meeting you. It'd be nice if it were to happen again someday.

This post was edited

It seems like everyone I meet on here is from a distance. I know that there are locals and have met a few. As being a single woman I am very careful on meeting people. When I do for the first time it is always in a public place for my safety. As I read the threads through this posting I am seeing that there are people that are looking for swingers. You wonder why people shy away. If you want to connect with swingers then maybe you need to go to a swingers site. Just because people are nudists does not mean they are swingers. And yes I have met SouthernFolks and was glad to meet them. Good luck with meeting people!

This post was edited

As anyone who I have corresponded with regularly on this website can attest, I often tell folks that if they are ever in my region of the U.S. during summer, to consider checking out the public clothing-optional beaches there in Seattle. I leave it at that because, understandably, travel is simply a huge if. In addition, I'm sure most can understand why I never extend any invitation to stay with me - even if Covid was not in existence.

This post was edited

Awesome answer Jers............just because folks enjoy being naked with others does not mean "swinger". Drop cloth and smile, enjoy conversations.

This post was edited

We are happy to meet with other nudists. We do not have many in our area. However we do travel to Cypress Cove. Would love to meet up at Cypress this October.

This post was edited

I think I am the first European to add to this thread. It is an interesting discussion. My take on it is that all of the factors mentioned play a role, but to a different extent for different people. I live close to a naturist club where I am a member so in summer it is easy enough to arrange to meet there or on a nudist beach. Both have the advantage of being a natural and safe environment to meet others, so there is no risk involved really, apart maybe from being a bit dissapointed when people are not really as interesting as they seem on their profile, but that is easy enough to live with. In winter it is quite a different story, then meeting inside is the only option because of the weather - even very hardy nudists prefer to feel comfortable! I find most couples and women are reluctant to invite someone over whom they only know through a website, especially single males. That is totally understandable, and probably the price we all pay for the high number of fake profiles on this and other nudist sites. But that notwithstanding, there have been occasions where I have been invited by couples to visit them and be nude together in the privacy of their home, and without exception the experience has always been very positive. Respect takes you al long way! Also, I have not personally experienced hesitations by others to meet because of living too close and a need to remain discreet. After all, when you meet up to be nude together it means that you share an interest in the lifestyle. Of course some nudists can be more open about being a nudist than others, who often for professional reasons prefer to keep a low profile, but in my experience most nudists understand and respect that. So basically, meeting other nudists, be it near to you or elswhere when you are travelling, is very enjoyable and enriching, as long as you remain respectful of each other!

This post was edited

I think covid is the biggest barrier right now. I got sick with it a month ago and am still feeling the affects. I have had a few single gentleman either couch surf or stay in my bed in previous years and found it very enjoyable. I believe nothing is better than having sex with new friends, whether at home, a hotel or the beach. Life is about pleasure.

This post was edited

Exactly Sassy000001!!! We are definitely of the same mindset. Do yall ever get down to the NC coast.

This post was edited

Exactly Sassy000001!!! We are definitely of the same mindset. Do yall ever get down to the NC coast.

This post was edited