Suggestions for screened porches?

So I have my privacy fence; but any suggestions on what I can put on the screen to allow me outdoor freedom without risk of indecent exposure? I was thinking of a ground up curtain; but the hubs wants to go top down; I think it would restrict air flow though.

The joys of buying and moving houses...

Ed

This topic was edited
RE:Suggestions for screened porches?

Does anyone know of a retractable screen/ fence about 4 feet high that I could use on my back patio? They are building houses behind me and I'm losing my privacy.

This post was edited

So, I have a private back enclosed back patio... I have walls up from the patio about 4 feet high. I put screens in the upper part and then I put up sun screen curtain material. You can stand about 6 feet from the wall on the outside and not see into the back patio at all. I got it at Lowes. I love the privacy it provides on the patio.

This post was edited

Consider shade cloth or better quality weed block material. Once stretched out to the desired length, you can staple gun the open edge to a 4ft dowel and the permanent side to house trim or porch support. You mentioned retractable so you'd have to roll the cloth back onto the dowel.
Sometimes Home Depot or Lowes may either have reed or bamboo fencing.
Tom

This post was edited

Hi Ed,
In your case consider shade cloth which will permit some air movement through it, but perhaps not enough. If I ever get down your way, I'd gladly offer more suggestions. Or snap me a photo of you privacy fence and you can send it to kalanikai51@aol.com.
(((naked hugs)))
Tom

This post was edited

What about artificial grass hulks skirts opened up and attached. The breeze would blow the grass strands.

This post was edited

We used outdoor curtains in Utah and they are perfect. We could walk all over our back patio in privacy.

https://snowcityshop.com/products/outdoor-curtains-thermal-insulated-privacy-guarantee-back-tab-uv-protection-52-inches-wide-1panel?variant=17064077197358&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&currency=USD&gclid=Cj0KCQiAvbiBBhD-ARIsAGM48byu9v3LTuyB2JAKB7e7dK47Ou32vLFmZIHNrIpjpUg4jEzo3J5Q7TEaAp_yEALw_wcB

This post was edited

Does anyone know of a retractable screen/ fence about 4 feet high that I could use on my back patio? They are building houses behind me and I'm losing my privacy.

Not retractable, but we bought a pair of photographer's backdrop stands and some plain canvases to hang from them. If we wanted to get fancy we could get actual photography backdrops, but plain canvas does the job. They can go up to 10' high and out to 20' across each. We set them at around 6' high and our deck is 15' long. I can set them up in 3-5 minutes and then neighbors on either side can't see if we are nude. Neighbors behind have a harder time seeing in due to trees, but we have an outdoor movie screen and some cardboard room dividers that I can put up if needed as well. Since taking these pictures I've added curtain rings so I can slide the canvas open and closed on the stand's rail.

It was good enough to get through the beginning of the pandemic until our local camp reopened.

This post was edited

This ad just popped up so sending it along to you.
https://www.oviicha.com/products/expandable-faux-privacy-fence?vmcid=p%24g%2co%2425f53412-7244-11eb-a2ca-008cfa59cb68-7eff21eba700%2ct%241613692258382

This post was edited