RE: How do you spend the time nude or with others without spouse getting mad?

We have a pool and whenever she is gone I am out there nude. I know that she knows I do that because I don't have any tan lines. She doesn't say anything about that, but she doesn't want me out there nude when she is around. However, she doesn't mind if I wear very skimpy swim suits. My sister also owns a farm that no one lives on. I go there to fish and I can get nude there also.

This post was edited

How do you spend the time nude or with others without spouse (her most cases) getting mad or jealous?Man....what a great, great question. I joined the group when I saw the title.
I was a naked kid from as far back as I can remember. I had every excuse in the book to be nude. My parents were not nudists, but I saw my dad all the time without clothes during normal situations, like changing. When I hit puberty, I covered up, but around 14 or 15 I started going to and from the bathroom naked. No one objected, so I went totally nude some of the time, but mindful not to be overly "exposed" and never had an erection. When I got married, my wife was ok with sleeping naked, but no full time nakedness. Enter a child. He is grown and out. I sleep nude, so now I started expanding that to before bed and as much as possible when I got up. When I have stayed naked for as long as I can, she has not been overly supportive. I am chipping away at it. When she is not here (work, etc), I am naked all the time.
I like reading the posts in this group as it makes me feel more assured in my desire.

This post was edited

Sometimes the availability of the C/O, or more correctly from my wife's POV -- Nude Optional N/O, would be nice to try. Of course getting her to even consent to trying that hasn't been successful so far. So I have a few choices. First, I can go to a resort/community and enjoy social nudity with a friend and the folks that are there. That is only a couple of hours away but raises the ugly trust monster that she has to still fully believe -- nudity does NOT mean we are having a group sex party. I would love to take her along but she doesn't want to see "a bunch of naked people walking around or swimming in the pool." Of course at most places a person must (by resort rules) be nude to be in the pool/spa/sauna area; clothing, swim suit, underwear, etc are not allowed so that would complicate the visit as well. Second, I can go to one of the beaches where nudity is allowed such as Apollo. She could of course wear a swim suit on the beach as many women and some men do but it's the sight of "a bunch of naked people" that would get in the way. Third, I can spend as much time nude as I can at home when no one is visiting, and preferably when she is away for a while. I am starting to make in-roads here by being nude longer and longer after waking up in the mornings, after showers, and after working on the yard outside when I have to cool off inside before taking a shower. What better way to cool off inside the house than to be nude under a ceiling fan for an hour or so. I used to get the evil eye and snide comments about getting dressed after only a few minutes. Now I can go at least an hour and I keep working to stretch the time plus then is the time spent nude before dressing after my shower. Each option is good and bad and I suspect many of us in this group experience about the same. A couple of my friends don't and I tell them often just how fortunate they are.
There is also the possibility of spending time nude with friends either at my house or theirs but that has challenges as well and is about like a resort or beach trip. Insert heavy sigh here. lol So I will keep working on getting her to accept the fact that I enjoy being nude and maybe someday, she will not be upset about it. Even better would be for her to join the fun but I'm not expecting that to happen any time soon. Insert second heavy sigh here.

This post was edited

Even tho my wife is not a nudist..... She tolerates me being one.
She comes to the club some.... but not often.... and stays dressed.
I am a member at the club... so am there weekly
Have a camper there... and maintain the walking trail ( mow... clear down limbs/ trees )
so... guess I'm lucky.... I am always naked at home...unless company.have a private backyard with pool.... so have outdoor nude time as well.
But I enjoy being with others that are like minded... so ... I enjoy the club.

This post was edited

Wife: "I don't want to see anyone naked, and I don't want anyone to see me, or you, naked either!"

This post was edited
RE:How do you spend the time nude or with others without spouse getting mad?

I have gone to nude resorts with male friends and she didn't have a problem with it--as long as she didn't have to go. She doesn't mind when I do the World Naked Bike Ride either.

She never was happy with my nudity at home so I kept it to a minimum. When she was very ill, I was her caregiver and started taking care of her nude so she might get a smile out of it. She didn't like it at first but there wasn't much she could do about it. Eventually, she came to like it. Now I'm nude whenever possible. In the winter, I'm nude when the heat is cycled on, almost all the time in the summer when it's just us.

Forty years ago she was the first one out of her swimsuit at pool parties, if she bothered to put one on at all. Sadly, time and gravity have changed her mind about that.

This post was edited

I am the nudists ,my wife is cool about it even takes most of my pics she does go to club but stays dressed. summer time I am nude around the house 90%of the time she calls me her little naked man lol

This post was edited

In my opinion....fuck em!They married you, the accept you for who you are. They have 3 choices:Accept itJoin youDivorce you.I had a similar problem when I met my current BF at a swingers club years ago. In regards to a couple of choices I made with my lifestyle, he had the same 3 choices:Accept itSupport my lifestyle decisionsOr walk away.He accepted and hasn't regretted 1 second of his decision. It took. REALLY bad argument fornhim to get his head outta his ass.

It's a little more complicated for someone like me who didn't get interested in nudity until long after I was married.
Luckily my wife is fine with me being nude at home unless we have company, even though she rarely is and is OK if I go to a nude beach without her.

This post was edited

I totally understand that many guys have wives who have different attitudes and temperaments BUT
after talking to many of my nudist guy friends I find a prevailing attitude that that their wives treat them more of a mommy than a wife. If you like steak and your wife only eats vegitables, are you going to stop eating steak because she doesn't like it? I had a friend who loved being nude. All he wanted to do was sunbathe nude in a private back yard and be nude around the house. His wife would scream at him if he did this around her. Yet every Wednesday and Sunday she enjoyed going to Bible study or church ( things she liked to do) yet he never yelled at her.
When I was first married I would sleep nude, sunbathe nude and walk around the house nude.
My wife on the other hand would not do any of these things. As children came o to our lives I didn't sunbathe or walk around the house naked. After they grew up and left I continued. Occasionally she would roll her eyes but I would say " you don't have to look there are plenty who enjoy seeing me naked"
I love my wife but I will not allow her dislikes to keep me from enjoying that which I find joy and fulfilment in. At this point in my life because of my decision to embrace the nudist life she has come to accept who I am. I still walk around the house most of the time nude or in sexy underwear...neither of which phases her but it makes ME happy.
Anyone who is reading this long post who has a partner who is limiting/ squelching your desire to do that which you find joy and pleasure in please understand that I am not an advocate of causing couples martial discord BUT this Is Your life, Start living who you are and do that which pleases you!
I'll end with why I am so passionate about this subject. In January of last year I had lunch with a married friend of mine who loved coming over and being nude on my outside deck. His wife disapproved of his nudity at home. My friend knew that I would freely walk around my home nude, that I went to nudist club and beaches. At lunch almost in tears he told me how much he envied me that I could do those things. I told him that the only thing holding him back was his fear of doing what He wanted to do and having that hard conversation with his wife. I asked him " do you want to wake up and find yourself 80 years old and realized you didn't spend years of your life doing and being who you are and what you want to do? That was the last time I saw my best friend....he died of Covid in March.
Friends, life is NOW! Not tommorow but NOW
Nudity is beautiful, euphoric and fun...I will not allow anyone's dislikes to hinder that for me.

This post was edited

That was the last time I sawy best friend....he died of Covid in March.

Wow. Sorry to hear that. It's definitely a "cautionary tale."

It can definitely be a slippery slope trying to keep from alienating your spouse and living your "best life."

I have done what many other nudists have done with their spouse. "Invite" her to accompany me to a C/O resort with the express condition that she would not have to be nude herself. There was a lot of debating, hesitation, refusal, negotiating, renegotiating, compromising...until we finally reached a "deal." It took months of back and forth. I do believe that with time, patience and effort (and a dash of persuasion skills) it can be hard to keep saying no when all the cards are stacked in favor of the "reluctant spouse." When it's a "hard no!" and the conversation is totally shut off, however; that indicates to me some underlying factor that maybe only a good therapist can get to the bottom of.

The hardest part is getting them to the resort. Once they're there, however, their misconceptions and preconceptions tend to resolve themselves. My wife's misconception was lewd, obnoxious behavior on the part of other nudists (or as she put it, "penis and sagging boobs swinging in her face"). When she saw that wasn't happening, she relaxed. Once she started relaxing, she figured she might as well go topless, and untied her cover-up. After that her attitude changed from apprehension to curiosity. She noticed the hot-tub in the pool area; and she got the idea that she could be nude in the hot-tub without people actually seeing her naked. The rest, as they say, is "history." She started interacting with people in the hot-tub, became less resistant to the idea of them seeing her naked; and ultimately opted to not cover up again after exiting the hot-tub.

Granted, it doesn't always happen that way. But getting your wife to the resort is 90% of the battle. Just try and try again.

This post was edited